When establishing an office at home or a small office anywhere else, decorating it may be your foremost priority. Office should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks nice but also makes it a great place to work.
Here are some ideas for decorating a small office:
Avoid using dark colors for the walls as this will make your office look even smaller than it really is. Consider using light colors such as pale blue, pale green, beige, and bluish grey. You can also use photographs, paintings, or murals to decorate the walls. Don’t overdo it as this will only make the walls appear crowded. Another good idea is to get a wall mural painted to decorate the office. Also, it is advisable to use only one section of the wall to hang up framed certificates, licenses, etc.
Avoid using large desks and huge book shelves that suite best in an executive office. For a small office, select desks with shelves and cubbies, as this will give you an additional storage space. You can also use a medium sized shelf in one side of the office to keep reference books and even other books that you love reading them.
It looks totally unprofessional to select furniture randomly for an office. Therefore, ensure that the selected furniture matches each other and also the décor of the office. Moreover, keeping the furniture away from the door gives an impression of space.
Lamps and Lighting:
In a small office, dim and poor lighting makes it extremely terrible. Use fluorescent lights or simple chandeliers, and avoid using floor lamps or lamp stands because they require more space.
It is advisable to select a room for an office that has a big window so that plenty of sunlight can enter in it. Also, seating positions should be in such a way that glare from the windows does not reflect on the computer screen.
In addition to above, you can also display your family photos on the wall or on your desk. Setting a bulletin board and pinning up pictures of your family or your attempts at photography or your own hand-made art is another good idea.
You can purchase some inexpensive knick-knacks to decorate in your small office. Also, placing a vase of flowers or a small potted plant makes a small office space more appealing and attractive.
Remember that when decorating your office, never plan for anything clumsy as it will only make your small office look even smaller.
Your working environment affects your concentration and your work quality. Therefore, using these ideas to decorate your office will surely help you in the best possible way.
More from my site
- Office Reception Decorating Ideas An office reception plays a very important role in any office as this is a place where the customers and the clients come in at first. It makes the very first impression with them. The way the office reception is decorated and managed can even influence major decisions of business such as whether you would be able to get the contract or not with the new client.
There is no doubt that […]
- Design Tips To Attract Clients And Customers To Your Company Today, the majority of businesses are trying to make a good first impression, and deliberately display the success of the company for a long-term success. Generally, the interior design of the office depends on the type of business you are in. But the most important thing is whatsoever design or style you choose for your office; it should be a unique one.
Here are some useful tips to […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]