Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even if you are in there to pay bills or work; therefore, putting some bold splashes of color in the room will liven it up. Begin with the walls and feel free to use something bright. Select two complementary colors and use one for your major items such as floors and walls and the other for accessories such as pillows and desk items like pencil holders, and in baskets. Consider selecting other objects like artwork that will surely pull the two colors together.
A tropical vacation
One great home office decorating idea is to give it a tropical theme. This will make you feel like you are on vacation even when you are working. Use plants to give the room a lush tropical feel. You can use bright colors such as sky blue or yellow on the walls and can have bright fabrics for your guest chairs and pillows. Consider putting up palm tree and beach prints or paintings on the walls. Also, keep your desk accessories in tropical colors.
Go on safari
You can have an adventure in your home office by giving it a safari theme. Place in lots of plants, particularly the large floor plants, and paint the walls a rich golden tan or wallpaper with bamboo wallpaper. For a rich look, you can use a dark mahogany desk. Moreover, you can also use a zebra or tiger striped rug in your home office. Ensure to use wastebasket, lamps, pencil holders and wall art that show the safari theme. Use items that have elephants, giraffes, monkeys, and the like on them to get a finishing look.
Get a skyline view
If you want an office with a view, you can have one in your own home by installing a wall mural that has a skyline view of any city you select. It is quite easy to put up these murals since they come in two or three sheets, and are quite similar to the wallpaper. This will completely transform your room where you can sit at your desk and feel like you are in mahogany row on the top floor of a skyscraper.
Add an art collection
You can add an art collection to the boring walls of your office. Put up a number of paintings or photographs spaced evenly on the walls much like a gallery. It is not only a great place to show off your collection but also will give you added incentive to go into your home office.
It is not necessary to have elaborated home office decorating ideas. You just need to make simple changes in your office to make it a more pleasant place to be. Also, it is fun to decorate your home office in your own unique style.
More from my site
- Small Home Office Décor Today, home office becomes an essential part of any house. However, it required special attention and creativity to decorate it. Among different decoration aspects, the use of colors in the small home office is the most important one.
The use of appropriate color in your home office is very important in its functionality as your entire mood depends on the way you decorate your home […]
- Small Office Decorating Ideas When establishing an office at home or a small office anywhere else, decorating it may be your foremost priority. Office should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks nice but also makes it a great place to work.
Here are some ideas for decorating a small office:
Avoid using dark colors for the walls as this will make your office look even smaller than it really […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Stylish Home Office Décor Having a home office requires you to decorate it in such a way that it looks welcoming and comfortable. A stylish home office décor must not to be black and white with chic items in it. All you need to do is to give it a comfortable and inspiring look so that you feel energetic while doing your office work.
A home office must reflect your personality and you can decorate it in any way […]
- Office Reception Decorating Ideas An office reception plays a very important role in any office as this is a place where the customers and the clients come in at first. It makes the very first impression with them. The way the office reception is decorated and managed can even influence major decisions of business such as whether you would be able to get the contract or not with the new client.
There is no doubt that […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]