Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that enhance the look of your décor. They are also functional pieces that are used for various practical purposes. A few ways of using a room divider are as follows:
Creating zones in your home:
Dividing your room is one of the most useful purposes of a room divider. If you are short of space and you want to use rooms for multiple purposes, consider using the folding room divider.
For example, some people set up their home offices in their bedroom or in a guest room. Although this is quite expedient, however it does not make for the most relaxing sleeping area. You can section off the office by encircling the computer desk or workplace with a folding room divider screen. This will not only block the view of the office from the bedroom, making it a more peaceful place to rest, but also fewer disruptions make for a more productive workplace.
By following the same concept, you can create a comfortable breakfast niche, or can divide your large living room into a combination of family room and dining area.
Add privacy to any space:
Room dividers can be used as a privacy screen, which is an effective way to create a covered dressing area or a way to barricade any area from view. This is a perfect idea for a guestroom or for your daughter’s bedroom. It will not only add a feeling of security, but also a room screen will also make a magnificent accent to any bedroom.
Hide clutter and increase storage:
Adding storage areas into a stylish room design is often a difficult task. However, you can solve this problem by selecting a room divider that accents the look of your space, and you can place laundry hampers, storage carts, or other storage and organization pieces behind it. This will allow you to add storage space to your home without losing any of your home’s stylish appeal.
Room dividers have a number of uses that can be helpful in achieving the desired look of your room. All you need is to be creative and imaginative.
Placing a room divider against a bare wall will add attractive looking texture to your living room. You can also unfold one and slide it behind your bed as a distinctive and innovative headboard.
These are just a few ideas and ways to use a room divider, however you create your own unique and attractive uses of a room divider in order to make your home beautifully decorated.
More from my site
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Room Decorating Ideas for Colonial Home One prominent characteristic of colonial home, that set it apart from the rest, was that it had the central hallway and the central stairway.
Generally, colonial homes had two storeys with the second storey cloning the first one. They mostly had fireplaces on both floors for added warmth. Moreover, these types of homes usually have a very open look when you enter the front door.
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]