Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of the same color, size, and style will give your room a completely new and stylish look. Arranging books by color is an excellent idea to create a beautiful accent, whereas placing vases and other accent pieces next to comparable objects illustrates a purposeful intention to create a stylish effect. This will make the arrangement look less cluttered. For example, if you have a set of two matching vases, you can place the larger on the end of one shelf, and lay a book next to it and center the smaller vase on top. This will give your bookshelf a distinctive and interesting look.
Personalize with photographs and collectibles:
Bookshelves can be a perfect place to showcase items other than books. They can be used to creatively display your family photos or treasured collection. If you want to place picture frames on your shelves, it is important to use all of the same color or finish, even if the sizes and styles differ. This is because matching up the color of the frames draws attention to the photos within instead of the frames themselves. You can protect all of your collectibles from dust by using a bookshelf with glass doors.
Another great and easy idea is to both decorate a bookcase and create hidden storage. This can be done by locating wicker or fabric baskets of the same depth as the bookcase’s shelves. You can also add labels to the front of the basket for increased organization. Or you can simply use a bookshelf with wooden doors so that you can keep your belongings neatly out of sight.
Add accent lighting:
One great idea is to attach battery-operated click lights to the underside of a shelf in order to provide light for items below as light shining down upon glass items creates a dramatic effect.
Out with the old:
Always keep your display updated by clearing away books and other items you no longer use or have sentimental attachment for. An uncluttered bookcase is a great way to give importance to the items you care about most. Moreover, you can add a new vase or home accent to refresh the style of your décor from time to time.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Ways to Use a Room Divider Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that […]
- Tips For Decorating Small Rooms Decorating a small space is a unique challenge that needs to be very innovative. Small homes have a number of advantages. They need fewer furnishings and accessories, can inspire you to de-clutter, and also, if you decorate consciously and creatively, small spaces can be cozy and inviting.
Consider the following tips for each area of your home to help you in maximizing your […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]