Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of the same color, size, and style will give your room a completely new and stylish look. Arranging books by color is an excellent idea to create a beautiful accent, whereas placing vases and other accent pieces next to comparable objects illustrates a purposeful intention to create a stylish effect. This will make the arrangement look less cluttered. For example, if you have a set of two matching vases, you can place the larger on the end of one shelf, and lay a book next to it and center the smaller vase on top. This will give your bookshelf a distinctive and interesting look.
Personalize with photographs and collectibles:
Bookshelves can be a perfect place to showcase items other than books. They can be used to creatively display your family photos or treasured collection. If you want to place picture frames on your shelves, it is important to use all of the same color or finish, even if the sizes and styles differ. This is because matching up the color of the frames draws attention to the photos within instead of the frames themselves. You can protect all of your collectibles from dust by using a bookshelf with glass doors.
Another great and easy idea is to both decorate a bookcase and create hidden storage. This can be done by locating wicker or fabric baskets of the same depth as the bookcase’s shelves. You can also add labels to the front of the basket for increased organization. Or you can simply use a bookshelf with wooden doors so that you can keep your belongings neatly out of sight.
Add accent lighting:
One great idea is to attach battery-operated click lights to the underside of a shelf in order to provide light for items below as light shining down upon glass items creates a dramatic effect.
Out with the old:
Always keep your display updated by clearing away books and other items you no longer use or have sentimental attachment for. An uncluttered bookcase is a great way to give importance to the items you care about most. Moreover, you can add a new vase or home accent to refresh the style of your décor from time to time.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Aquarium Decorating Tips A well decorated aquarium surely enhances the beauty of your drawing room, as aquariums not only look beautiful but also bring in life to your living place. It is quite elating to embellish the aquarium with bright colored fish breeds swimming amidst rocky caves and water plants.
There are two different types of aquariums:
1). Fresh water aquarium.
2). Salt water aquarium.
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Decorative Hair Pins Craft Ideas Decorative hair pins are very popular among girls and women as they add detail, dazzle and a touch of their personality to their hairstyles. Although decorative hair pins are quite popular, they can also be very expensive. However, you can create your own decorative hair pins at home by using basic craft supplies.
Here are some decorative hair pins craft ideas to help you out.
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]