Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate window décor items accordingly.
Here are different types of window decorations that you may consider in decorating your home.
When it comes to more of a covering than just a real window decoration, window blinds can be a top choice over all other types of coverings.
1). Wood blinds. Although these are a costly choice but great one if you can afford them easily. However, their drawbacks include being much expensive and being warp if they somehow become damp. You need to do dry dusting to prevent them from getting damp, unless you live in some climates. Wood blinds are not only very light weighted but also very strong, making them a perfect choice.
2). Mini blinds. These blinds are generally used in new apartments. They are very inexpensive, very easy to break, and made of some kind of plastic.
3). Faux wood blinds. These blinds are a cheap substitute to wood blinds, with several disadvantages. Although they are very heavy in weight but also very weaker than real wood blinds, and are easy to break. However, if money is the issue, you can go for them as they best serve as ‘cheap wood blinds’.
Horizontal and vertical blinds:
Blinds can be both horizontal and vertical. Whether be it windows, doors, or something else, both of them are great for different scenarios and locations.
1). Horizontal blinds. These blinds are good for windows as they have slates that go left to right.
2). Vertical blinds. These blinds are good for sliding doors as they have slates that hang up to down.
Many different types of materials are used to make window shades. The most common of them are fabrics that are available in single and multiple fabric shades. These window shades provide both privacy and shade.
1). Honeycomb shades. This type of shade is called honeycomb because it has a honeycomb pattern. If you want to save energy, this is a perfect style of shade as they help keep heat in, or out of your home.
2). Bamboo shades. Unlike other fabric shades, this type of shade is made of wood. They are harder to clean and maintain, however they look great in the home.
Roller window shades:
Roller shades are perfect alternative of blinds. Each type of shade provides both lighting and privacy. Roller shades need to “roll” up and down as they do not fold in on itself like normal shades.
1). Solar window shades. These shades are ideal if you want some light, but no harmful rays or heat. Using these shades let you see outside, therefore, making a great choice for an office setting.
2). Blackout shades. If you want to keep the light out of your room then these shades are perfect choice.
Just like blinds, curtains also enhance the décor of any room. Some examples of different types of curtains are as follows:
1). Panel curtains. These are very common and basic curtains that use panels and can be found everywhere. Also, they can be made out of almost any fabric.
2). Café curtains. These curtains allow light over the top, therefore, without losing too much light, privacy can be maximized. They are mostly used in places such as cafés and restaurants.
3). Tiered curtains. These types of curtains are used to be layered with other curtains and with a valance.
Drapes are modern and more formal versions of curtains, and are only used for decoration purposes. Mostly, they hang to the floor and “drape” over the window. The main difference between drapes and curtains is that drapes are formal and lined, whereas curtains are informal and unlined.
All of these different types of curtains not only decorate your home but also serves great purposes such as prevent you from heat and excess light and provide you shade and privacy.
More from my site
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Room Decorating Ideas for Colonial Home One prominent characteristic of colonial home, that set it apart from the rest, was that it had the central hallway and the central stairway.
Generally, colonial homes had two storeys with the second storey cloning the first one. They mostly had fireplaces on both floors for added warmth. Moreover, these types of homes usually have a very open look when you enter the front door.
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]
- Make a Small Bathroom Feel Larger Bathroom is one of the most essential rooms of the home; however, when it comes to interior decoration, the house owners usually pay a least attention to this room of home. Properly decorating bathroom can help in making this space part of rest of your home.
Decorating a small bathroom is as tricky as the larger ones. Here are some ideas to help you out in making a small bathroom feel […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]