Pillows are the easiest way to decorate any living space. A dull and boring couch can be made interesting by throwing a few new decorative pillows. Without purchasing all new expensive bedding, just a pillow swap can alter the whole look of your bed. Decorative pillows are available in all sizes, shapes, and colors; however they can be differentiated by their features.
Here are some of the most common types of decorative pillows:
Tasseled pillows mostly have a tassel at each corner, and often one in the middle for added dimension and detail. These pillows have an elegant look, which suits best in a more formal room.
Fringed pillows can be used in both a formal and a casual room, depending on the fabric they are made from. Silks and velvets are generally used in a living room, whereas micro-fibers and cottons are commonly found in a den. The length and thickness of the fringe varies from pillow to pillow.
Tapestry is an opulently woven fabric, mostly with pastoral or classical themes evocative of antique wall tapestries. Although hand-woven tapestry pillows are beyond many budgets, however machine-made pillows are omnipresent and also low-priced. Generally, these pillows come in the floral designs.
Tufted pillows have notches that are mostly marked by a button. Many tufts can range from one in the middle of the pillow to multiple tufts covering the entire top.
Quilting or Needlework:
Quilted pillows have several decorative stitched patterns. A number of quilted pillow tops are the authentic item, joined from small pieces of fabric just like a patchwork. Other quilted pillow tops are a single piece of fabric that is quilted for show only.
Needlework pillows can be made by using any of a number of techniques, like needlepoint, cross stitch, candle-wicking, silk ribbon embroidery, and many more.
A corded pillow usually has a decorative, sometimes braided, cord on all of its four sides. Cording often used in a contrasting color to create more interest, and it can be combined with other characteristics such as tassels, tufting, or quilting.
Bolster pillows are in cylindrical form, and are mostly found in the bedroom. Decorative bolster pillows are quite short in size; however those that are especially designed for support are mostly long enough to be placed at the head of the bed.
More from my site
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Fall Decorating Tips Fall decorations are correlated with the classic, earthy colors that are homage to Mother Nature herself. As the season changes, the colors we usually witness first-hand include the burnt oranges, golden wheats, and browns. However, these changes in color are not just for outdoors; instead they also affect the indoor settings.
In order to makeover your home for Fall; following are […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]