Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to help you out in decorating walls.
Architectural constituents surely add vivid details and dimensions to any room. Depending on your budget, you can go for a major design shift such as adding columns, sconces or arches to walls, wainscoting, window frames, and door frames.
Although 3-dimensional renovation looks perfect in large spaces, you can easily open up a small space by adding an arched window over the door.
Create an added impact by painting architectural pieces in a rich color, or use a faux finish, for example, an antique glaze or marbling.
You can also decorate your walls by altering their color of finish. A variety of colors are available to choose from. You can change your current plain white color to antique white or neutral yellow to give it a more traditional look, or select the more stylish neutral of blue-based gray.
One of the options is to use earth tones which generally seen in Asian, contemporary, and eco-design houses. You can also create a bohemian or ethnic look by using a jewel tone on an accent wall, or use aqua accented with cotton candy pink to give the walls the retro look of 1950s.
Other ways of decorating the walls are wall decals and murals. These decorations range from small trim details to full-wall size scenes and designs. Moreover, you can also use wallpaper in both vintage and designer styles to decorate walls.
The fast and inexpensive way to decorate the walls is to add wall art. One way of adding art to the wall is to suspend fishing wire between two hooks and clip postcards, unframed art and other attractive art pieces across a wall clothes-line-style.
If you want to give a more formal look to your wall art then frame the paintings, postcards, drawings, and photographs in gallery-style frames. After framing them, stack them vertically on the wall, and use miniature spotlights to highlight the collection.
You can add a bohemian touch to the collection by mixing framed and unframed art pieces and hanging them close together, or slant a large painting against a wall.
Another way to decorate the wall is to stage an artistic montage. For this, hang a floating shelf on a wall and prop a painting on it, or place a piece of art on a miniature standing easel or pedestal. Also, any interesting object can be used as a wall art, whether it is a vintage piece of hardware or a rusted metal sign.
More from my site
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- 39 Ways of Wall Decoration Some home decorators think of wall decorations as a huge dilemma, but it is quite easy to decorate your walls in a unique and stylish way. Following are a few quick and easy ideas to decorate your walls with style and on a budget.
When decorating your walls, never sprinkle things around just to fill empty space. You can draw an imaginary rectangle on the main focal wall that you […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Tips for Creating a Focal Point A natural focal point is likely to present in each room of your home. When entering the room, it is the place where the eye first comes to rest. This makes it one of the most significant features for the well decorated home.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect focal point to help you out.
Finding the main feature:
Firstly, you need to decide what will attract the most […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]