Decorating your home with rugs is a great idea to make it attractive. Rugs help in adding a touch of warmth and create harmony among all the things present in its surrounding.
Here are some unique tips to make the best use of rugs in your home.
1). Always use rugs for emphasizing or separating specific areas, such as seating or dining area, and entrances.
2). Do not use same size rugs more than once in one room as they will only hack your room in half visually.
3). When using more than one rug in one place, rugs that are harmonized to each other in style are always best.
4). If you have any favorite rug then use it as the main color scheme in a room. However, you can also it to create rhythm in your existing room color scheme.
5). Use rugs to create balance in the room. For example, if you have metaphorical or complex pattern upholstery or wallpaper in your room then using a more delicate rug will balance the room visually. And if your walls and upholstery are quite simple then you should use a busier patterned rug to make the room attractive.
6). Use a rug as the focal point of a room. For this, you can create contrast by painting the walls a color shade that best goes with your rug’s enunciation colors.
7). Another way of creating a focal point is to use a rug as a wall hanging.
8). Use different shapes of rugs. You can use square, round, or oval shaped rugs apart from using only rectangular rugs. Select the shape that best suites in your room.
9). When purchasing a rug, room size should be subtracted 3 feet from the length and width of the room. The room looks little larger if the floor left bare at the edges.
10). It is better to have runners 4 inches narrower than the hallway, and 18 to 24 inches shorter. Ensure that they are broad enough to walk on it easily comfortably.
More from my site
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Turn your Old CD’s into Wall hangings Everyone wants a decorated home with all the comfort of world. Home is a place where peace and serenity is your companion. If you want a wonderful and lavish home then you have to adjust home accessories in the right places and directions. You can make several new things from the old useless material. If you have ideas then go for it and create new things for your home. No doubt […]
- Turn Old Dull Furniture into Antique Decoration Home decoration is an art; you can decorate your home with different accessories. We always try to keep our home neat and clean and throw out our old or unused things in the garbage or put them in the store. But wise person didn’t do this; they create new things with old house hold stuff. Today the idea that I am going to share with you is quite simple but really smart one. You guys […]
- Learn to Turn a Simple Piece of Glass into Masterpiece Home decoration is an art; this is the best way to add value to your homes. To learn this art people join art and craft institutes and then explore their talent in this world. But no need to worry for those art lovers who want to learn the basic but do not find time to join any institution because you can get all the things under a single roof through internet.
Sometime, we throw […]
- How to Paint Clay Pot with Poster Colors Home decoration is an art. We can decorate our homes with many house hold accessories. Home is a place where we live with peace and serenity. Colors make everything colorful around us. If our life is dull and colorless then we must try to bring back the colors of life. You can add color by placing colorful things in your home. Today I am going to tell you how to color clay pot at home […]
- How to make Flowers with White Flour Home decoration is an art. We can make our home a beautiful place by decorating it with different home accessories. Flowers look beautiful in home. Natural and artificial both have its importance. Today I am going to share with you a very low budget idea that everyone can make it at home and enjoy its presence. I am going to make flower with house hold things. The things you need […]
- Types of Bathroom Lighting Bathroom lighting is one of the most significant features of the home décor, although very little consideration is given to them.
However, proper lighting in the bathroom can give it a whole new look and also it becomes a place where you can spend some time and enjoy the nice and warm bath. To make your bathroom alive, different types of lights are available that can be used according […]
- Hand Made Cushions To make home beautiful and lavish, we put different home accessories in it. The more you add, the more you will find it beautiful. You can buy many things form market but you can also save your money by making lots of things at home. They are simple to make in lower budget at home. You can make two or three accessories at home in that budget rather than buying a single item from […]
- Bedroom Accessories for Decoration Bedroom is the place where you can make yourself comfortable. Therefore, it should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks attractive but also helps in making you relaxed.
If you want to renovate your bedroom, then it is advisable to buy some new bedroom accessories as they make the bedroom more appealing and special. Many bedroom accessories are only for decorative […]
- Wall Clock Decoration Time is money and the persons who waste their time are looser in their life. Clock tells us the importance of time. Clock in home is very necessary its just work as the leader do. Clocks are of different sizes and shapes, depending upon its placement in the room. Home decoration is incomplete without the placement of the correct wall clock. There are myriad varieties with different […]