Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks that can help you in making your large and boring rooms, with high ceilings, look vivid and spacious, plus comforting and warm on a cold winter evening.
Here are some professional interior design tips that can be used in order to turn your large rooms, and also rooms with high ceilings, into attractive, cozy, and comfortable ones.
1). To make rooms look attractive, it is best to use a darker color on the ceiling than on the walls.
2). Apply a darker color on the ceiling, bringing it down to picture rail level.
3). It is a good idea to use large scale, bold patterns in your large rooms.
4). Consider using various interesting, rough or fluffy textures.
5). If the walls of your large rooms are already in a dark color then use a paler color on the ceiling, however, ensure to bring this down to picture rail level.
6). Use lower hanging lights and down lighters in large, high ceiling rooms.
7). Make your large rooms feel cozy by using dark, warm colors on the walls.
8). Colors such as reds, oranges, yellows, pinks, purples, and greens can make your room look attractive and comfortable.
9). Try to use darker color flooring. You can also use darker color carpets and area rugs to make your room appealing.
10). It is important to match the scale of your furniture to the size of your room in order to place seating area close enough together for comfort and good conversation.
11). Consider decorating the walls with an appropriately sized paintings or photographs. Your whole wall décor should be proportional to the size of your room.
12). Ensure to add a lot of your favorite accessories in your large room decorations.
More from my site
- Basement Decorating Ideas Decorating basement is a great way to transform an unused space into a whole new room. Doing it up really nice will add a new dimension to your house. Although this idea may turn some people off because a basement is wedged underground, however this fact can be a real advantage for some types of rooms. Following are a few remodeling ideas that are used by a number of people for their […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- Tips for Decorating a Small Studio Apartment Today, limited space is the biggest problem that not just interior designers but every common man faces. As the rooms are shrinking so rapidly, limited space becomes the challenge for a small studio apartment as it seems to be very difficult to fit so much into so little.
Here are some useful tips that can help you in decorating a small studio apartment.
Choose wisely and edit […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]