Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make a space appear smaller. Painting the walls of the living room a few shades darker than usual will make the room look smaller.
However, if you do not want the entire room to look smaller, then you can use accessories in darker colors to give the room less of a large feeling. Use of dark colored furniture or carpet can make the large living room feel quite smaller.
Use space in the living room accordingly:
Use of space accordingly is also important in order to make a large room appear smaller. It means that all the furniture should be spaced out instead of placing it right on top of each other. If the furniture is spaced out properly, it looks evenly spread across the room.
There should be enough space between the couch and the coffee table in order to make it easy to walk in between the two. The proper utilization of space in a large room can prevent it from looking too open and cold, and helps in making it feel more cozy and attractive.
Use large pieces of art to decorate the walls:
The use of pieces of art to decorate the walls should be designed according to the area of blank space available in your living room. Of course, hanging a small picture on a very large blank wall in your living room will look very unattractive.
Consider hanging a portrait that can take up most of the upper half of the wall. If a large piece of art is unaffordable for you, then you can use several small pieces of artwork. This will make a patchwork or pattern for the wall. Make sure to space the artwork out in order to cover a majority of the wall.
Buy a large piece of furniture for the living room:
If you do not have a large piece of furniture for your living room then you can buy one. Large piece of furniture includes a large couch, an entertainment center, a bookshelf, and even things like a pool table or a piano.
The large piece of furniture in the large living room can make the room appear smaller and can also create the balance among the different items in the room. Also, the large furniture piece can be used as the focal point of the room.
The most important task in decorating a large living room is to properly utilize the space in the room. Using only a small area of the room will make the room look massive and less attractive. The basic key to make your large living room more attractive is to use the space, including the walls as much as possible. This will not only make your living room appear more appealing but also give it an attractive and cozy feeling.
More from my site
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- 5 Steps to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are 5 easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Tips for Decorating a Small Studio Apartment Today, limited space is the biggest problem that not just interior designers but every common man faces. As the rooms are shrinking so rapidly, limited space becomes the challenge for a small studio apartment as it seems to be very difficult to fit so much into so little.
Here are some useful tips that can help you in decorating a small studio apartment.
Choose wisely and edit […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]