Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make a space appear smaller. Painting the walls of the living room a few shades darker than usual will make the room look smaller.
However, if you do not want the entire room to look smaller, then you can use accessories in darker colors to give the room less of a large feeling. Use of dark colored furniture or carpet can make the large living room feel quite smaller.
Use space in the living room accordingly:
Use of space accordingly is also important in order to make a large room appear smaller. It means that all the furniture should be spaced out instead of placing it right on top of each other. If the furniture is spaced out properly, it looks evenly spread across the room.
There should be enough space between the couch and the coffee table in order to make it easy to walk in between the two. The proper utilization of space in a large room can prevent it from looking too open and cold, and helps in making it feel more cozy and attractive.
Use large pieces of art to decorate the walls:
The use of pieces of art to decorate the walls should be designed according to the area of blank space available in your living room. Of course, hanging a small picture on a very large blank wall in your living room will look very unattractive.
Consider hanging a portrait that can take up most of the upper half of the wall. If a large piece of art is unaffordable for you, then you can use several small pieces of artwork. This will make a patchwork or pattern for the wall. Make sure to space the artwork out in order to cover a majority of the wall.
Buy a large piece of furniture for the living room:
If you do not have a large piece of furniture for your living room then you can buy one. Large piece of furniture includes a large couch, an entertainment center, a bookshelf, and even things like a pool table or a piano.
The large piece of furniture in the large living room can make the room appear smaller and can also create the balance among the different items in the room. Also, the large furniture piece can be used as the focal point of the room.
The most important task in decorating a large living room is to properly utilize the space in the room. Using only a small area of the room will make the room look massive and less attractive. The basic key to make your large living room more attractive is to use the space, including the walls as much as possible. This will not only make your living room appear more appealing but also give it an attractive and cozy feeling.
More from my site
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- 13 Ways to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered as […]
- Small Space Decoration Ideas If you live in small apartments, condos, and small spaces then you may be wishing for a little more elbowroom. However, larger rooms are not really necessary to make a space cozy. You can turn your cramped quarters into a comfortable, lovely complement to your style with a few of the following decorating tips.
Use darker hues and the right lighting:
One of the most common […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Bathroom Decorating Tips One of the easiest tasks in decorating jobs is decorating your bathroom. It is not necessary to have lot of accessories to achieve an attractive bathroom. You just need to be creative and resourceful in order to select the right materials that best reflect your personality and interest. If you want to decorate your bathroom better, bathroom decorating tips can be very helpful.
You can […]
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]