Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered as best ones to light up the small spaces. For this, you need to use wall sconces and other decorative wall fixtures. The right lighting fixtures can open up any room, even if the room has darker-hued walls.
2). Instead of placing many smaller pieces of furniture, select fewer but larger pieces. Furniture such as armless accent chairs, low benches, ottomans, and double-duty pieces like storage benches can be very useful in a small living room.
Moreover, select light and airy fabrics and colors for upholstered furniture, accents, carpet, and rugs. You can go for pale greens and blues, buttery yellows, and other light colors to make your living room feel large.
3). Place the furniture in such a way that it does not block doors and windows. Try to open up as much floor and wall space as possible.
4). Always keep your living room clutter-free. Even though your favorite mementos around look nice, but too many items can make small rooms seem messy and cluttered. You can use sleek bookcases and attractive cabinets to keep such items.
5). Lastly, consider decorating walls and tabletops with a few larger items. You can hang a single, larger piece of artwork on the wall or you can place one or two items on an end table to decorate the room.
While decorating the living room, keep in mind simpler is always better. Keep the things fewer and simpler to make the living room attractive and welcoming.
Here are 13 Ways to Decorate a Small Living Room in pictures,
More from my site
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- Small Space Decoration Ideas If you live in small apartments, condos, and small spaces then you may be wishing for a little more elbowroom. However, larger rooms are not really necessary to make a space cozy. You can turn your cramped quarters into a comfortable, lovely complement to your style with a few of the following decorating tips.
Use darker hues and the right lighting:
One of the most common […]
- Patio Terrace Decoration Ideas Having a well decorated patio terrace gives you a great pleasure and enjoyment. However, decorating patio terrace often becomes quite difficult, particularly if the terrace has unequal depths. In order to create an inviting patio where your guests love to spend a lot of time, you need to use the diversity in the terrace depths. The perfectly decorated terrace is the one that can be […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]