Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. Generally, simple furniture is utilized in this theme, which is less decorative like the furniture mostly used in a home with a more formal interior design. You can also use antiques as they make great accents. Pie safes, kitchen queens, and jelly cupboards are some of the most popular antiques that are commonly used in these chic and shabby homes.
Use pastel colors in combination with whites and off-whites as these colors are very common in shabby chic decoration. You can also go for painted walls in addition to patterned wallpapers because they are also a great way to elicit country cottage home feel.
The floor is often overlooked in the grand scheme of this specific type of design. Natural wood or ceramic tile are the most popular floor styles for this type of décor. Nevertheless, you can go for painted patterns and also diamond or checkered design schemes. If you decide on painting your floors with your own design, ensure that you add a coat of varnish on top to protect it.
The best fabrics for shabby chic design need to be integrated floral patterns, stripes, and checks. The distinct look of this charming and unique style can be obtained by using these fabrics.
Besides following the suggestions provided here, it is of great importance that you use your own sense of creativity to mix and match and experiment. In shabby chic design, there are no real rules, only guidelines. Therefore, you need to be creative, and for sure, you will have lot of fun.
Sometimes, a number of pieces and accents that you need to turn your home into a shabby chic home are already in your house or garage. You just need to mix and match existing pieces as this is one of the best ways to achieve this style.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks […]
- Tips for Decorating a Small Studio Apartment Today, limited space is the biggest problem that not just interior designers but every common man faces. As the rooms are shrinking so rapidly, limited space becomes the challenge for a small studio apartment as it seems to be very difficult to fit so much into so little.
Here are some useful tips that can help you in decorating a small studio apartment.
Choose wisely and edit […]
- Aquarium Decorating Tips A well decorated aquarium surely enhances the beauty of your drawing room, as aquariums not only look beautiful but also bring in life to your living place. It is quite elating to embellish the aquarium with bright colored fish breeds swimming amidst rocky caves and water plants.
There are two different types of aquariums:
1). Fresh water aquarium.
2). Salt water aquarium.
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]