Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. Generally, simple furniture is utilized in this theme, which is less decorative like the furniture mostly used in a home with a more formal interior design. You can also use antiques as they make great accents. Pie safes, kitchen queens, and jelly cupboards are some of the most popular antiques that are commonly used in these chic and shabby homes.
Use pastel colors in combination with whites and off-whites as these colors are very common in shabby chic decoration. You can also go for painted walls in addition to patterned wallpapers because they are also a great way to elicit country cottage home feel.
The floor is often overlooked in the grand scheme of this specific type of design. Natural wood or ceramic tile are the most popular floor styles for this type of décor. Nevertheless, you can go for painted patterns and also diamond or checkered design schemes. If you decide on painting your floors with your own design, ensure that you add a coat of varnish on top to protect it.
The best fabrics for shabby chic design need to be integrated floral patterns, stripes, and checks. The distinct look of this charming and unique style can be obtained by using these fabrics.
Besides following the suggestions provided here, it is of great importance that you use your own sense of creativity to mix and match and experiment. In shabby chic design, there are no real rules, only guidelines. Therefore, you need to be creative, and for sure, you will have lot of fun.
Sometimes, a number of pieces and accents that you need to turn your home into a shabby chic home are already in your house or garage. You just need to mix and match existing pieces as this is one of the best ways to achieve this style.
More from my site
- Room Decorating Ideas for Colonial Home One prominent characteristic of colonial home, that set it apart from the rest, was that it had the central hallway and the central stairway.
Generally, colonial homes had two storeys with the second storey cloning the first one. They mostly had fireplaces on both floors for added warmth. Moreover, these types of homes usually have a very open look when you enter the front door.
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Bathroom Decorating Themes When it comes to home décor, the bathroom is usually the most neglected room in a house. However, it should be given an equal thought while decorating home as it is used not only by the owners but also by guests. Therefore, it should be neat, clean, and well decorated.
Though bathroom gives limited choice for decoration, yet it can be decorated with exciting and economical bathroom […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Tips for Creating a Focal Point A natural focal point is likely to present in each room of your home. When entering the room, it is the place where the eye first comes to rest. This makes it one of the most significant features for the well decorated home.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect focal point to help you out.
Finding the main feature:
Firstly, you need to decide what will attract the most […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]
- Tips For Decorating Small Rooms Decorating a small space is a unique challenge that needs to be very innovative. Small homes have a number of advantages. They need fewer furnishings and accessories, can inspire you to de-clutter, and also, if you decorate consciously and creatively, small spaces can be cozy and inviting.
Consider the following tips for each area of your home to help you in maximizing your […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]