You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be creative and search for solutions that can turn your rental space into an attractive one. Following are some useful ideas to help you out.
Select a statement piece for your rental space in order to divert attention from white walls or dull rooms. A statement piece may be any item, e.g. a sofa, a chair, or a piece of art. The piece is the one you are using to draw inspiration from. A sofa, in a bold color, is a perfect statement piece. You can also easily move it with you if you change residences.
A statement piece must be something that can be noticed as you walk into the room. Therefore, any piece of bold artwork, like a painting, is also a good choice as a statement piece. You need to select items with bright colors that can attract the immediate attention. Place something above a fireplace or on a wall to make it beautiful.
Consider using fabric to personalize your rental. You can use it in a number of ways as it is quite versatile. Use sumptuous fabrics with throw pillows and even as wall hangings. You can also use fabric to create window coverings and wall hangings. If you want to give a glamorous look to your decoration then it is a good idea to use fabrics such as silk and satin. You can use fun patterns such as black and white damask, or blue and white stripes. Using fabrics is an inexpensive solution to personalizing a rental space.
Wall decals are best for those renters who do not want to paint. Moreover, they are quite inexpensive. Wall decals range from quotes to pictures of different living things. However, before buying them, ensure to buy those ones that are easy to remove. If not, minor paint damage could be done while removing them.
Throw rugs on floor:
It is a perfect idea to throw rugs in a rental because these rugs are not only decorative but also functional. Mostly, many renters face the problem of outdated and old flooring. Throwing rugs can be helpful in disguising the flooring and also in creating a cozy and warm environment. Select rugs that can be used with several different types of decoration. In addition, Flokati rugs are very fluffy and are available in many colors.
More from my site
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]
- Baby Room Wall Decoration Tips Decorating the baby room is one of the most exciting aspects of waiting for your baby to be born. Whether you have decided to use traditional pastels or more inspiring color shades, keep in mind that the first step in making your baby’s room special is to cover the walls in color.
One of the most inexpensive ways to introduce color to the baby room is to paint the walls. The […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]