You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be creative and search for solutions that can turn your rental space into an attractive one. Following are some useful ideas to help you out.
Select a statement piece for your rental space in order to divert attention from white walls or dull rooms. A statement piece may be any item, e.g. a sofa, a chair, or a piece of art. The piece is the one you are using to draw inspiration from. A sofa, in a bold color, is a perfect statement piece. You can also easily move it with you if you change residences.
A statement piece must be something that can be noticed as you walk into the room. Therefore, any piece of bold artwork, like a painting, is also a good choice as a statement piece. You need to select items with bright colors that can attract the immediate attention. Place something above a fireplace or on a wall to make it beautiful.
Consider using fabric to personalize your rental. You can use it in a number of ways as it is quite versatile. Use sumptuous fabrics with throw pillows and even as wall hangings. You can also use fabric to create window coverings and wall hangings. If you want to give a glamorous look to your decoration then it is a good idea to use fabrics such as silk and satin. You can use fun patterns such as black and white damask, or blue and white stripes. Using fabrics is an inexpensive solution to personalizing a rental space.
Wall decals are best for those renters who do not want to paint. Moreover, they are quite inexpensive. Wall decals range from quotes to pictures of different living things. However, before buying them, ensure to buy those ones that are easy to remove. If not, minor paint damage could be done while removing them.
Throw rugs on floor:
It is a perfect idea to throw rugs in a rental because these rugs are not only decorative but also functional. Mostly, many renters face the problem of outdated and old flooring. Throwing rugs can be helpful in disguising the flooring and also in creating a cozy and warm environment. Select rugs that can be used with several different types of decoration. In addition, Flokati rugs are very fluffy and are available in many colors.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Types of Decorative Pillows Pillows are the easiest way to decorate any living space. A dull and boring couch can be made interesting by throwing a few new decorative pillows. Without purchasing all new expensive bedding, just a pillow swap can alter the whole look of your bed. Decorative pillows are available in all sizes, shapes, and colors; however they can be differentiated by their features.
Here are some […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Tips for Decorating a Small Studio Apartment Today, limited space is the biggest problem that not just interior designers but every common man faces. As the rooms are shrinking so rapidly, limited space becomes the challenge for a small studio apartment as it seems to be very difficult to fit so much into so little.
Here are some useful tips that can help you in decorating a small studio apartment.
Choose wisely and edit […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks […]
- 5 Steps to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are 5 easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered […]