Bathroom is one of the most essential rooms of the home; however, when it comes to interior decoration, the house owners usually pay a least attention to this room of home. Properly decorating bathroom can help in making this space part of rest of your home.
Decorating a small bathroom is as tricky as the larger ones. Here are some ideas to help you out in making a small bathroom feel larger.
Bathroom wall mirrors:
Bathroom mirrors are considered as an important element of the well decorated small bathroom. Apart from their functional use in the bathroom, wall mirrors aid in making a room seem brighter by reflecting existing light. Moreover, they also create the illusion of extra space by visually replicating the room.
Using a beautiful over-sized vanity mirror can make even the smallest bathroom feel deluxe. Whereas, a prominent vanity mirror can create a much-required reflective light source in a bathroom with no windows. In addition, placing multiple decorative mirrors on opposite walls create a fascinating illusion of depth.
Recessed and diffused lighting:
You can make small bathroom seem larger and welcoming by adding plenty of warm, diffused bright lights. Some of the perfect options for increasing the amount of light in the bathroom are recessed lighting, sleek vanity light fixtures, and small hanging ceiling bathroom light fixtures. Consider incorporating multiple light sources in various places around the bathroom to banish dark shadows and create a mild, gratifying all-around glow.
Organizing tight spaces:
It is very important to keep clutter under control in the smaller your smaller bathroom. For this, you need to choose bathroom furniture and bath accessories that can help in optimizing the space.
First, you need to measure your bathroom carefully in order to find out precisely how much space you have available for shelves and cabinets. Then, choose space-saving storage solutions that can aid in maximizing the storage room you do have.
You can also utilize empty wall space in the bathroom by adding bathroom wall cabinets. Take advantage of unused vertical space with over-the-toilet space savers or tall floor cabinets. Or you can also change an empty corner into a suitable storage nook with inconspicuous corner cabinets. Moreover, adding a tilt-out hamper can help in adding much-needed flat surface space.
Add a dash of drama:
Although large pieces of furniture or too many bathroom accessories can quickly overwhelm a small room, however you can add a little drama to your small bathroom’s decoration with a single bold focal point. Items such as a unique hanging chandelier, an elegant sink cabinet, or a striking over-sized framed vanity mirror can be useful in adding dash of surprising glamour to complete your bathroom décor.
More from my site
- Bathroom Decorating Themes When it comes to home décor, the bathroom is usually the most neglected room in a house. However, it should be given an equal thought while decorating home as it is used not only by the owners but also by guests. Therefore, it should be neat, clean, and well decorated.
Though bathroom gives limited choice for decoration, yet it can be decorated with exciting and economical bathroom […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Kids Bathroom Décor Ideas If you have a separate bathroom for your kids, then you have a number of options for their bathroom décor.
First and foremost option is to have the bathroom downsized to the children level. For this, you can install lower sinks, soft flooring, and a juvenile décor. However, you will need to remodel the bathroom in future as kids grow up very quickly.
The second important option is to […]
- Bathroom Decorating Tips One of the easiest tasks in decorating jobs is decorating your bathroom. It is not necessary to have lot of accessories to achieve an attractive bathroom. You just need to be creative and resourceful in order to select the right materials that best reflect your personality and interest. If you want to decorate your bathroom better, bathroom decorating tips can be very helpful.
You can […]
- Room Decorating Ideas for Colonial Home One prominent characteristic of colonial home, that set it apart from the rest, was that it had the central hallway and the central stairway.
Generally, colonial homes had two storeys with the second storey cloning the first one. They mostly had fireplaces on both floors for added warmth. Moreover, these types of homes usually have a very open look when you enter the front door.
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- Tips for Creating a Focal Point A natural focal point is likely to present in each room of your home. When entering the room, it is the place where the eye first comes to rest. This makes it one of the most significant features for the well decorated home.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect focal point to help you out.
Finding the main feature:
Firstly, you need to decide what will attract the most […]