Many people prefer to have large living rooms; however they mostly tend to have a cold spacious appearance. To make large room feel warm, inviting and cozy, here are some tips that you can use to break up a large space to make it feel a bit more personal.
Place furniture in groupings:
An easy way to decorate large room is to group furnishings in different areas for different purposes. You can place your sofa, loveseat, tables, and recliner in a small grouping around an area rug to make a wonderful conversation area when guests visit.
It is important not to place the furniture against the wall. Add another area for enjoying a good book. For this, select another location in the room to place a rocking chair or recliner with a small table and lamp.
If you still have an empty space in the room, you can place an additional sofa and television, stereo and game station to make an entertainment area. Likewise, you can create areas for specific activities in order to break the room up into smaller spaces.
Use suitable paint or wallpaper:
Use dark colored paint for high ceilings and a very large room. This will help in drawing the room in. Moreover, use of boldly patterned wallpaper containing dark shades is also a good option for large rooms.
Avoid mirror decorations:
Mirrors are mostly used to make rooms look larger, particularly when they reflect light from windows or other light sources. If you really want to use a mirror, it is appropriate to hang it where it reflects a favorite décor or accent piece.
Add large numbers of accessories:
Add large numbers of accessories, such as pottery, baskets, plants and bookshelves, to scale a room down. Use of small to medium size accents helps decrease the look of a large room. It will also balance bigger items like furniture. Place a potted tree in one corner of the room so that the scale of a high ceiling can be matched.
Use large furniture:
Large furniture is perfect for large rooms. Try to use fabrics that give heavy look such as tapestries, and keep the colors dark. You can also select dark colored wooden furniture to visually reduce the size of the room. Never use glass topped tables in large rooms.
Use these five great ways to give your large room warm and welcoming appearance.
More from my site
- 55 Ways of Decorating Your Living Rooms Today, the available spaces in the living room are being used and embraced the informal living room decoration to make the best of an important informal space, keeping it imperative still.
Since today’s life is fast, and everybody is on the move, it is required to have a room that has a multiple functional purpose that not only combines with style and comfort but also looks neat and […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]
- 13 Ways to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered as […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Tips for Home Decoration Although the brand new decorative items, including furniture, is quite expensive to buy, however any home can be decorated stylishly and beautifully by using some creativity and for a much lower price. Here are some useful tips that may help you in decorating your home.
Start with the walls:
There is no doubt that a fresh new color of paint on your walls gives any room a whole new […]
- Décor with Mirror Wall Fountains A lot of people are in habit of wasting their money. However, one of the excellent ideas is to spend money on home improvement. Consider buying new furniture or the paints in different shades. You can also give a whole new look to your home through various lighting ideas. However, one traditional home improvement idea is to use the water fountain. Among various types of fountains, […]