Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your kitchen.
An attractive design element that complements the gray tones and pewter hardware is stainless steel. If you want to match your countertop with wall color, you can paint steel countertop support brackets in the off-white and neutral colors.
Moreover, color accents in grayed tones or sun-baked colors with predominately white, off-white or neutral based colors look great. Surface selections that are most appropriate are ceramic tile, soapstone, slate, and wood in a matte finish with a natural and heavy look. Among hardware choices, you can use pewter, rustic metals, wood, and wrought iron. In addition, wood finishes in pine, oak, and walnut are the most popular wood types for these styles.
Missions/Arts and crafts:
This style basically provides metal finishes. Any solid built, metal bracket can be used to provide a beautiful support for your countertop. In this style, you need to go for warm colors, such as soft green, golden yellow, natural dyes, and earth tones.
Among surface selections, natural stone, multi-colored porcelain pottery, and the matte finish of rough earthenware materials are perfect choices. Any brushed finish or metal, except brass will work well with this design. Items constructed of oak are mainly used in mission inspired designs, whereas objects constructed of cherry are often used in arts and crafts designs.
More from my site
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas The kitchen is one of the essential parts of the home. It is the place where meals are prepared and conversations start. In this article, a few useful kitchen decorating ideas is provided regarding turning the busiest room of your home into the most functional and the most appealing one.
The kitchen zones – separating areas in the kitchen
Consider your kitchen as home base because […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Decorating Ideas for Small Kitchen A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]
- Types of Ladies Watches Over the past few years, different types of ladies watches have become quite popular and in fashion. However, watches were not always so popular like other woman’s accessories such as jewelry. Before wearing watches and pendants for fashion in the wrists, women used to wear them around their necks. At that time, pocket watches and their accessories were popular.
However, with the […]
- Patio Terrace Decoration Ideas Having a well decorated patio terrace gives you a great pleasure and enjoyment. However, decorating patio terrace often becomes quite difficult, particularly if the terrace has unequal depths. In order to create an inviting patio where your guests love to spend a lot of time, you need to use the diversity in the terrace depths. The perfectly decorated terrace is the one that can be […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]