Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your kitchen.
An attractive design element that complements the gray tones and pewter hardware is stainless steel. If you want to match your countertop with wall color, you can paint steel countertop support brackets in the off-white and neutral colors.
Moreover, color accents in grayed tones or sun-baked colors with predominately white, off-white or neutral based colors look great. Surface selections that are most appropriate are ceramic tile, soapstone, slate, and wood in a matte finish with a natural and heavy look. Among hardware choices, you can use pewter, rustic metals, wood, and wrought iron. In addition, wood finishes in pine, oak, and walnut are the most popular wood types for these styles.
Missions/Arts and crafts:
This style basically provides metal finishes. Any solid built, metal bracket can be used to provide a beautiful support for your countertop. In this style, you need to go for warm colors, such as soft green, golden yellow, natural dyes, and earth tones.
Among surface selections, natural stone, multi-colored porcelain pottery, and the matte finish of rough earthenware materials are perfect choices. Any brushed finish or metal, except brass will work well with this design. Items constructed of oak are mainly used in mission inspired designs, whereas objects constructed of cherry are often used in arts and crafts designs.
More from my site
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Lawn Decoration Ideas A front yard is the first part of the house that visitors see. Whether you want to sell your house or you just want to enhance the look of your front yard, consider using some lawn decoration ideas to help your lawn stand out. You can either use very basic lawn decorations such as clearing the clutter, mowing the grass, and placing potted flowers or you can select to invest time and […]
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Types of Decorative Rocks Decorative rocks in landscaping can be very helpful in creating a well-formed design in any home and garden. Although it might seem to be an easy task, numerous different types of landscaping rocks are available to select from. In addition to having a distinctive look, every type has different features that may or may not be favorable. Therefore, proper knowledge about decorative rocks […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]