The kitchen is one of the essential parts of the home. It is the place where meals are prepared and conversations start. In this article, a few useful kitchen decorating ideas is provided regarding turning the busiest room of your home into the most functional and the most appealing one.
The kitchen zones – separating areas in the kitchen
Consider your kitchen as home base because it is a place where your family gathers for meals, however it is also the same room where you store pots and pans, spices, and other kitchen gadgets. Here are ‘zoning rules’ that you may follow to make your kitchen not only stylish but also functional.
Zone 1 – Food preparation:
You definitely need space whenever you chop vegetables and fruits or roll out dough for your piecrust. For this, kitchen carts are the best choice as they are quite helpful in providing space for preparing food, storing spices, organizing pots, and hanging dishtowel. Consider them as the best souse chef.
Zone 2 – A place to dine:
Nowadays, two different types of dining experiences are quite popular. One is hurried and more casual one, whereas the other promotes conversation and sitting down for a meal. Select the one that best suits to your space and requirement.
You can either go for counter stools to be placed at your kitchen counter area or enjoy a formal dinner with attractive dining sets. Whether you are taking a coffee break or hosting a dinner party, these dining experiences provide you perfect space to enjoy with your family and friends.
Zone 3 – Storage:
Every kitchen needs an ample storage. Kitchen furniture such as sideboards, baker’s racks, and hutches can help you in simplifying your life. Bar carts with wine storage can also be used.
Kitchen and dining room furniture such as lowboys make ideal service areas for parties. You can also use them as storage areas for tablecloths and linens. Moreover, consider using a cupboard for storing canning food for preservation.
Select appropriate kitchen lighting
Selecting appropriate kitchen lighting can not only be stylish but also functional. Instead of using fluorescent lighting that can make your kitchen seem cold and boring, consider using lighting that creates an alluring ambience.
You can go for an attractive Tiffany-style chandelier that will instantly decorate your dining area. For a contemporary look, consider using bold mini-pendant lights over your kitchen area.
By following these ideas, you will be able to create a kitchen environment that is not only appealing but also inviting.
More from my site
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Decorating Ideas for Small Kitchen A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Ideas for Kitchen Decor Kitchen can be an enjoyable place for the whole family. You can make it an exiting and fun part of your home by decorating it uniquely and attractively.
There is no doubt that a well decorated kitchen is a great place to make meals and have good time with family and friends. Create a best looking kitchen with a little imagination, creativity, and some effort. This will change your […]
- Salad Decorating Ideas Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Lawn Decoration Ideas A front yard is the first part of the house that visitors see. Whether you want to sell your house or you just want to enhance the look of your front yard, consider using some lawn decoration ideas to help your lawn stand out. You can either use very basic lawn decorations such as clearing the clutter, mowing the grass, and placing potted flowers or you can select to invest time and […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]