Kitchen is the most frequently used place where the whole family gathers at least once in a day. Therefore, it is important to design it in such a way that it not only looks good but also stylish.
When it comes to kitchen designs, you have a number of choices. But here, only two unique design styles are briefly explained that will surely make your kitchen beautiful and appealing.
Tuscan / Mediterranean:
This design style has arched openings and heavily plastered. This style of kitchens usually has oversized rooms along with brightly painted tile murals. Also, it has dark wood balanced with soft edged stone surfaces that help define this style. Hidden brackets are mostly used for counter over hangs. Use olive green and terra cotta colors to give a definite Italian feel. You can also opt for warm colors in oranges, yellows, and reds balanced by greens and blues. The appropriate materials that can be used in this style are granite with an active pattern and other rustic patterned surface.
Though Italian environments support very well the use of metallic surfaces beyond hardware, however in some cases, rustic metals and crackled finishes on porcelain are excellent choices. Moreover, you can also use heavy woods with strong grain in this setting.
This kitchen design style defines a beautifully executed woodworking style that is simple in detail. Generally, the Shaker’s houses had multipurpose rooms and they hung chairs on pegs along the outer walls so that floor space was available for other activities. This type of style provides itself appealing wood décor. In this style, a strong metal L bracket with a wood façade is used that provides the firm strength of steel with the beautiful wood look.
Colors that you can use in this style range from pinky tones and terra cotta earth shades, through yellow ochre and olive green, to greenish blues and denim. For surface finishes, limestone, granite, slate and square-edged solid surfaces are all appropriate. The most authentic in place of hardware are wood pegs. You can also opt for simple metal or hand-forged finishes. Maple and cherry are predominate wood choices. Also, use warm or medium range wood tones for this style.
More from my site
- 9 Creative Kitchen Decoration Samples If you spend most of your time in kitchen then you definitely want to ensure that the kitchen is well decorated. There are a number of fun ideas to decorate your kitchen in a unique and interesting way. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Among different kinds of unique and fun themes, perhaps the most popular theme is the cows and barnyard animals theme. The good thing about […]
- Ideas for Kitchen Decor Kitchen can be an enjoyable place for the whole family. You can make it an exiting and fun part of your home by decorating it uniquely and attractively.
There is no doubt that a well decorated kitchen is a great place to make meals and have good time with family and friends. Create a best looking kitchen with a little imagination, creativity, and some effort. This will change your […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Decorating Ideas for Small Kitchen A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas The kitchen is one of the essential parts of the home. It is the place where meals are prepared and conversations start. In this article, a few useful kitchen decorating ideas is provided regarding turning the busiest room of your home into the most functional and the most appealing one.
The kitchen zones – separating areas in the kitchen
Consider your kitchen as home base because […]
- Christmas Kitchen Decorations Many people spend their lot of time in decorating their home for Christmas, however when it comes to decorating kitchen for Christmas they just don’t know how to do it.
Following are some easy and inexpensive ways to help you in decorating your kitchen for Christmas.
Decoration above the cabinets adds a lot to the kitchen at any time of year. If there is a space between the tops of […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]