Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips to help you out.
Variety is the spice of life with framed art:
First, allow your artistic side roam free. It is not essential for all the art to be the same size or use the same style of frame. You can use frames, mats and images of various sizes, colors and textures for a superbly blended complement.
Group framed wall art in pairs, threes or fours:
You need to endeavor for balance instead of uniformity. You may group your art in twos, threes, or even fours. Consider hanging four small, same-sized pictures together in a foursquare to give the illusion of a large picture. Or else, consider hanging two smaller pieces on both sides of a larger piece to fill out a large wall.
Create templates to visualize layout of framed art:
Before hanging any art, creating paper templates is very useful in determining the best design. For this you will need:
1). Paper (an old roll of gift wrap or butcher’s paper)
Procedure of creating your framed art design:
Firstly, put the individual pieces of art out on the paper and trace around them. Now cut out the patterns and tape the templates to the wall to acquire a feel for the way you would like them displayed.
Highlight your artwork with lighting or you can use mirrors to add space and also to bring elements of diversity to the room. Following tips are quite useful in order to keep your pictures looking good:
1). Do not place your art near steamy showers or heat sources.
2). Avoid direct sunlight on the framed art print.
Framed art is an outlet to express yourself and your artistic instinct. Select sentimental items like family photos or select your favorite pieces of art to reflect the personality of your home.
More from my site
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Decorate Outdoors to Create Curbside Appeal The outside entrance is the first thing that you and your guests notice; therefore, it should be beautiful and welcoming. This article will provide you with a few very useful tips that will help you in cleaning up the outside entryway and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Add an outdoor address plaque:
First, you need to ensure that your family and friends can find where you […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- Ways to Use a Room Divider Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]