Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into consideration. Utilizing wall ledges as built-in shelves in your room can serve a useful purpose.
Here are some ideas for decorating wall ledges.
Using the theme of your room, decide how you can decorate a wall ledge.
For example, in a game room or a child’s bedroom, consider painting a large area above the ledge with chalkboard paint.
After that, you can place colored chalk, a chalkboard eraser, and other tools on the ledge in small decorative containers or baskets.
You may also display your vintage or collectible items on the wall ledge. The ledge in a kitchen area can be used to display a collection of antique cooking utensils or other useful kitchen items. On the other hand, you can display pocketknives, coins, or decorative plates on a ledge in your den or living room.
In a little girl’s bedroom, line up dolls or favorite stuffed animals on the ledge instead of hiding them in a closet or toy box. She will surely enjoy displaying her dolls in this manner. Alternately, display toy cars, trains, or action figures on the ledge in a little boy’s bedroom.
Decorative shelving can be used above your wall ledge. Add one shelf or even lurch two or three shelves above the wall ledge, and then utilize it to display attractive pictures or other types of room décor.
You may also consider leaning beautiful hardback books against the lip of the wall ledge if it has one. This is a most useful way to display books that you might usually have out on your coffee table or end tables.
One idea is to use the ledge on your wall to bring out the colors you used in decorating the room. For instance, if your room is pale blue and white, you can display large seashells or candles in pale matching colors. In addition, you can also create a focal point in the room by placing a single houseplant or silk floral arrangement on a corner wall ledge in your bathroom or other areas
More from my site
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]