Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf ideas you can use to decorate your bookshelf.
Create a matching library set:
One idea is to make covers for all of your books from craft paper or wrapping paper. You can choose one or two from around your room. For instance, making all white book covers will add a striking contrast to a dark bookshelf, whereas all cherry red covers would add that additional touch of color and also style your room requirements.
Add color blocks:
You can paint the inside back wall to match the room’s wall color to give it the effect of a built-in bookshelf. Or else, you can use an accent color to complement your décor. Alternating between the two will create an interesting and eye-catching appeal. Use of pale color can brighten up the bookcase where you can show off your collection of books or art.
Create a built-in look:
If your bookcases are large enough that they almost touch the ceiling, then you can add one more thing to it, i.e. applying crown molding to the top. This floor-to-ceiling effect will create the look of custom-built furniture. Consider using a single piece of molding to join two matching bookcases for an even yet more impressive look.
Make a rainbow:
One great idea is to arrange your books in such a way that spines with a similar color are together. Then, arrange the groupings from rainbow order to neutrals, i.e. red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, black, gray, and then white. This will give the lovely effect on your bookshelves.
Create a luxurious effect:
You can buy foam core from your local arts and craft store, and cut it to fit the back wall of the bookshelf between each shelf. Covering the foam core with a simple, coordinating fabric will give it a luxurious look. You can continue to revitalize the appearance of your room by changing the panels out each season, or whenever you would like a change of scenery.
More from my site
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Basement Decorating Ideas Decorating basement is a great way to transform an unused space into a whole new room. Doing it up really nice will add a new dimension to your house. Although this idea may turn some people off because a basement is wedged underground, however this fact can be a real advantage for some types of rooms. Following are a few remodeling ideas that are used by a number of people for their […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]