Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your garden or lawn.
Here is the simple and easy way to make ceramic fountain at home.
You will need:
1 glazed 4-inch flowerpot
1 glazed 6-inch flowerpot
1 glazed 10-inch bowl flowerpot
Polished decorative river stones
The procedure of making decorative ceramic fountains with the help of above mentioned items is as follows:
1). First, you need to take the bowl planter and after placing it where you want your fountain to stand, place the pump in the bottom of the bowl.
2). Now cut a munificent length of the plastic tubing and attach one end to the pump. This tube will let the water to be directed to the top of the fountain.
3). Place the medium-sized flowerpot over the pump, ensuring the power cord runs beneath the rim of the pot and out of the bowl. You need to be sure to thread the plastic tubing through the pot via the drain hole.
4). Put the smallest flower pot on top of the second pot in such a way that both the bottoms become attached to each other, again threading the tubing through the drain hole.
5). After that, you can fill the bowl with the polished stones to your predilection. You need to fill the top pot with stones and place them around the tube. Spruce the tube down to the level of the top rim.
6). Finally, after filling the bowl with water, plug in and turn on the pump. Your ceramic fountain is ready.
Keeping the water and pump of the fountain clean is important for the longevity of the fountain. You can also use distilled water in order to avoid constantly cleaning the fountain that will also reduce the problems such as algae and clouding.
More from my site
- Types of Decorative Rocks Decorative rocks in landscaping can be very helpful in creating a well-formed design in any home and garden. Although it might seem to be an easy task, numerous different types of landscaping rocks are available to select from. In addition to having a distinctive look, every type has different features that may or may not be favorable. Therefore, proper knowledge about decorative rocks […]
- Tips for Decorating Garden It is a fun activity to decorate your garden. A number of different options are available that give you an equal opportunity to allow your creativity to show through. It directly reflects how you observe things and what kind of items you like being around. Although you can decorate your garden anyway you want, however, keeping few basic things in mind will make your garden even more […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]
- Lawn Decoration Ideas A front yard is the first part of the house that visitors see. Whether you want to sell your house or you just want to enhance the look of your front yard, consider using some lawn decoration ideas to help your lawn stand out. You can either use very basic lawn decorations such as clearing the clutter, mowing the grass, and placing potted flowers or you can select to invest time and […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]