Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your garden or lawn.
Here is the simple and easy way to make ceramic fountain at home.
You will need:
1 glazed 4-inch flowerpot
1 glazed 6-inch flowerpot
1 glazed 10-inch bowl flowerpot
Polished decorative river stones
The procedure of making decorative ceramic fountains with the help of above mentioned items is as follows:
1). First, you need to take the bowl planter and after placing it where you want your fountain to stand, place the pump in the bottom of the bowl.
2). Now cut a munificent length of the plastic tubing and attach one end to the pump. This tube will let the water to be directed to the top of the fountain.
3). Place the medium-sized flowerpot over the pump, ensuring the power cord runs beneath the rim of the pot and out of the bowl. You need to be sure to thread the plastic tubing through the pot via the drain hole.
4). Put the smallest flower pot on top of the second pot in such a way that both the bottoms become attached to each other, again threading the tubing through the drain hole.
5). After that, you can fill the bowl with the polished stones to your predilection. You need to fill the top pot with stones and place them around the tube. Spruce the tube down to the level of the top rim.
6). Finally, after filling the bowl with water, plug in and turn on the pump. Your ceramic fountain is ready.
Keeping the water and pump of the fountain clean is important for the longevity of the fountain. You can also use distilled water in order to avoid constantly cleaning the fountain that will also reduce the problems such as algae and clouding.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorative Hair Pins Craft Ideas Decorative hair pins are very popular among girls and women as they add detail, dazzle and a touch of their personality to their hairstyles. Although decorative hair pins are quite popular, they can also be very expensive. However, you can create your own decorative hair pins at home by using basic craft supplies.
Here are some decorative hair pins craft ideas to help you out.
- Unique Hair Accessories for Women A variety of hair accessories for women is available in the market. Different types of accessories give different look to a hairstyle. Some of the hair accessories are very simple to choose, while others are quite difficult to select the best hair accessory.
Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the best use of different hair accessories for different […]
- Tea Party Decoration Ideas One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Ideas for Decorating Baby Room Decorating a baby’s room is an enjoyable process, especially for the expectant parents. There are numerous ways to decorate a baby room. Themes such as Mickey the mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Popeye the sailor, Bugs Bunny, Heckle and Jeckle, Tom and Jerry, and Donald Duck are most commonly used in decorating kid’s room. Some of the most popular ideas for decorating a baby room are as […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]