A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as raspberry, fire engine red, or hunter green, whatever catches your fantasy. However, ensure to consider the room furnishings and adjacent wall colors in order to select a color that complements the rest of the room decoration.
A stylish touch to a room can be given by adding wall decals and stickers. You can either arrange them in small to medium sized groupings across the wall for pops of color, or you can use wall lettering in order to add your favorite quote to your wall.
You can hang display shelves in a number of ways. They can either be arranged one on top of the other or lurched down the length of the wall. Use of a single long shelf along the top of the wall can also be appealing. You can use shelves for showcasing your collectibles, vases, books, and other favorites.
Make a picture wall of family photos
Look at your photo albums and pick some photos of holiday gatherings, family reunions, graduations, weddings and even the family pet. Mix up the photos sizes still unifying the grouping with matching frame colors. You can reminisce in style with your very own memory wall.
Use wallpaper murals
Wall murals come in a number of designs and colors ranging from colorful flower gardens to tropical beaches, to sophisticated city skylines and many more. You just need to find a wall mural image you love to change the look of the entire room. You can even go for something totally unique by using your own digital photograph to create a custom wall mural.
Follow these wall decorating tips to dress up a single wall in a room. A number of great options for wall décor are available today. You can easily create the room that you have always dreamed of by using these options.
More from my site
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Small Office Decorating Ideas When establishing an office at home or a small office anywhere else, decorating it may be your foremost priority. Office should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks nice but also makes it a great place to work.
Here are some ideas for decorating a small office:
Avoid using dark colors for the walls as this will make your office look even smaller than it really […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]