A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as raspberry, fire engine red, or hunter green, whatever catches your fantasy. However, ensure to consider the room furnishings and adjacent wall colors in order to select a color that complements the rest of the room decoration.
A stylish touch to a room can be given by adding wall decals and stickers. You can either arrange them in small to medium sized groupings across the wall for pops of color, or you can use wall lettering in order to add your favorite quote to your wall.
You can hang display shelves in a number of ways. They can either be arranged one on top of the other or lurched down the length of the wall. Use of a single long shelf along the top of the wall can also be appealing. You can use shelves for showcasing your collectibles, vases, books, and other favorites.
Make a picture wall of family photos
Look at your photo albums and pick some photos of holiday gatherings, family reunions, graduations, weddings and even the family pet. Mix up the photos sizes still unifying the grouping with matching frame colors. You can reminisce in style with your very own memory wall.
Use wallpaper murals
Wall murals come in a number of designs and colors ranging from colorful flower gardens to tropical beaches, to sophisticated city skylines and many more. You just need to find a wall mural image you love to change the look of the entire room. You can even go for something totally unique by using your own digital photograph to create a custom wall mural.
Follow these wall decorating tips to dress up a single wall in a room. A number of great options for wall décor are available today. You can easily create the room that you have always dreamed of by using these options.
More from my site
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]
- Small Office Decorating Ideas When establishing an office at home or a small office anywhere else, decorating it may be your foremost priority. Office should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks nice but also makes it a great place to work.
Here are some ideas for decorating a small office:
Avoid using dark colors for the walls as this will make your office look even smaller than it really […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]