When going to move out to school, it is important to select dorm room decorative items in order to add both appeal and comfort to the room. However, it is entirely up to you how you decorate it. You can make a tiny dorm room feel homey and alluring by making it comfortable as decorating your dorm with comfort in mind is a great starting point.
Following are some of the most important comfort items that can be added to your dorm décor, providing you a welcoming home, away from your home.
1). Big rug:
Placing a big rug will not only soften the look and feel of hard institutional flooring but also make it more inviting to relax or exercise on the floor.
2). Featherbed mattress topper:
The comfort of a dorm bed can be improved by using a featherbed mattress topper or mattress pad as they are quite fluffy and comfy, and are easily available in either fiberfill or feathers.
3). Good lighting:
Consider having focused task lighting at the desk, near the bed, and by a chair so that you can work and read anywhere.
4). Closet accessories:
Closet accessories are used to solve storage problems in small living spaces. First, you need to evaluate your space, then select from over-the-door shoe racks, belt and tie holders, peg racks, and hanging shelves to put in order your clothes and accessories.
5). Filling space:
You can use a file crate or full-size cabinet to organize your schoolwork, insurance papers, pay stubs, scholarship applications, tax info, letters from home and more.
6). Wall décor:
Give a touch of home to your dorm room by decorating walls nicely. You can use artwork to highlight your room theme or show up special interests. Hang favorite photos, posters, charts, or anything that feels like ‘home’ to you.
7). Full length mirror:
Another great convenience is a full length mirror as you can use it to check your outfit. Decorate the edges of the mirror with photos, tickets, and memorabilia.
8). Handled laundry and shower totes:
These totes are used to organize and carry just about each and everything. Use the big one on the floor of the closet to collect laundry, and another one to hold bathroom supplies.
Adding these simple but comfortable dorm décor items will make your dorm room a special place where you won’t miss your home much.
More from my site
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Ways to Use a Room Divider Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Decorating Tips For Autumn Autumn decorating projects are a perfect idea to decorate interior as it is the time when your children are back at school and there is the cold weather outside. You can go through all the cupboards and find items that can be used to add to your home décor.
Here are some useful tips to give you an idea how you can decorate your home for autumn season.
You can […]
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- 5 Easy Steps to Renew Your Bedroom The appearance of your bedroom can easily be changed by following few simple steps. The good thing is that you can do most of the work yourself that will not only save some money but also end up with a bedroom with a whole new look.
Here are few ideas to help you out in renewing your bedroom.
1). Clean up the clutter:
First, you need to assess your needs and wants. Evaluate the […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]