Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making the whole purchasing process much more complex.
Here is some useful information about the different categorizations of wall art, which will help you in finding the perfect wall décor for your home.
Wall art according to type and function:
1). Wall sculpture art. Wall art sculptures are the type of artworks that are made by artists. These are two-dimensional and are not flat like the murals and paintings. This type of wall art not only adds beauty but also depth to any type of wall surface.
2). Paintings and murals. These artworks are made through media such as pencil, watercolor, acrylic, oil, charcoal, and so on. They are undoubtedly wonderful and magnificent art pieces that can look great in any room and can instantly change a boring old wall into a wall with a masterpiece. However, when selecting paintings and murals, it is important to consider certain things such as the size, style, color, and theme of the artwork along with your lifestyle, preferences, and budget.
3). Wall paint and wall paper. It is also great idea to spruce up a plain wall by either splashing your favorite shade of wall paint on it or by using nicely patterned wallpaper.
4). Wall furniture. Wall furniture is the wall decorations that are not only used for decorating but also for practical purposes. Wall furniture includes bookshelves, mirrors, cabinets, vases, and many others.
5). Appliqués and borders. These are decorative stickers that can be used to improve and enhance a wall or wall furniture such as bookshelves and cabinets.
6). Lighting. Another great way of giving life to your walls is lighting through bulbs and wall lamps. This is also the kind of wall decoration that is not only for decorating but also for practical purpose of illuminating the area so that people can do their tasks efficiently.
Wall art according to art style:
1). Traditional. Traditional kinds of art styles include those from the Baroque and Renaissance period.
2). Modern. Modern wall art styles include movements and styles such as Dadaism, color field painting, op art, minimalism, avant garde, photorealism, blue rider art, pop art, stuckism, and Bauhaus.
3). Surrealism. This kind of wall art style consists of conceptual and figurative artwork that is somewhat in the middle of abstract and realism.
4). Abstract. This wall art style includes abstract expressionism, fauvism, futurism, and cubism (blue and pink periods).
5). Realism. This type of wall art style is the artwork based in the reality of life. An example of this is social realism that depicts current situations and conditions of the society.
Wall art according to material:
1). Iron. This material is highly prominent and is mostly utilized for contemporary and modern wall decorations.
2). Wood. Wood is usually used for wall decorations that shows traditional and rustic ambience for the home.
3). Canvas. This is a kind of clothing generally used for artworks such as paintings and murals.
4). Acrylic. This type of material includes a variety of plastics, oils, and resins, which are used for a wide range of wall decorations.
Having complete knowledge and information about the different types and categorizations of wall décor will surely make it a lot easier for you to make the right selection for your home.
More from my site
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Tips for Creating a Focal Point A natural focal point is likely to present in each room of your home. When entering the room, it is the place where the eye first comes to rest. This makes it one of the most significant features for the well decorated home.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect focal point to help you out.
Finding the main feature:
Firstly, you need to decide what will attract the most […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- Shabby Chic Home Decorating Tips Having a vintage, country cottage in your home has its own charm as it not only looks graceful but also traditional and trendy. Here are a few simple decorating tips that you may follow in order to have an adorable shabby chic home in no time.
For shabby chic décor, go for solid wood furniture. Painted pieces of furniture that compliment a room nicely can also be used. […]