A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of your kitchen by just changing your cabinet knobs or handles. Themed kitchen cabinet knobs and handles come in a large variety. You can either select contemporary cabinet knobs and handles or you can go with traditional shapes, colors, and styles.
2). Throw rugs:
It is not necessary to always use large throw and area rugs. A number of many small ones are also easily available that are designed specifically for use in the kitchen or bathroom. Place a nice weaved rug on the floor in front of the kitchen sink or stove to create a snug decorative touch to the kitchen without sacrificing limited space.
3). Towels and hot pads:
Some of you may think towels and hot pads as an obvious thing, however many overlook this simple and easy decorative accent. Purchase a few nice towels with designs, patterns, or just colors to accent and match your kitchen decorating theme. You can hang towels on cabinet doors, stove, or refrigerator handles. Complete the added decorative touch with hot pads, gloves, and divets that complement the towels. You can hang hot pads and divets on the wall, which will allow for more decorative style without getting in the way.
4). Stenciled designs on cabinets:
This is an excellent decorating technique for small kitchens. You just need to paint stenciled designs on the front of your cabinet doors. You can either paint stenciled designs in the corners or can paint large budding flowers right in the middle of the cabinet door. They can be common shapes or other objects that best fit in with your personal decorating style.
5). Ceiling fan or small chandelier:
A ceiling fan or small kitchen chandelier helps a lot in improving the décor of your kitchen without taking up much needed working space. Since the kitchen is small, you will need to ensure to go with small chandeliers or fans that won’t overwhelm the room.
Follow these simple ideas and tips and you will be able to create a kitchen that will not only look clean but also gives an elegant and stylish look.
More from my site
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas The kitchen is one of the essential parts of the home. It is the place where meals are prepared and conversations start. In this article, a few useful kitchen decorating ideas is provided regarding turning the busiest room of your home into the most functional and the most appealing one.
The kitchen zones – separating areas in the kitchen
Consider your kitchen as home base because […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Ideas for Kitchen Decor Kitchen can be an enjoyable place for the whole family. You can make it an exiting and fun part of your home by decorating it uniquely and attractively.
There is no doubt that a well decorated kitchen is a great place to make meals and have good time with family and friends. Create a best looking kitchen with a little imagination, creativity, and some effort. This will change your […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Kids Bathroom Décor Ideas If you have a separate bathroom for your kids, then you have a number of options for their bathroom décor.
First and foremost option is to have the bathroom downsized to the children level. For this, you can install lower sinks, soft flooring, and a juvenile décor. However, you will need to remodel the bathroom in future as kids grow up very quickly.
The second important option is to […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Bathroom Decorating Themes When it comes to home décor, the bathroom is usually the most neglected room in a house. However, it should be given an equal thought while decorating home as it is used not only by the owners but also by guests. Therefore, it should be neat, clean, and well decorated.
Though bathroom gives limited choice for decoration, yet it can be decorated with exciting and economical bathroom […]
- Bathroom Decorating Tips One of the easiest tasks in decorating jobs is decorating your bathroom. It is not necessary to have lot of accessories to achieve an attractive bathroom. You just need to be creative and resourceful in order to select the right materials that best reflect your personality and interest. If you want to decorate your bathroom better, bathroom decorating tips can be very helpful.
You can […]