A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of your kitchen by just changing your cabinet knobs or handles. Themed kitchen cabinet knobs and handles come in a large variety. You can either select contemporary cabinet knobs and handles or you can go with traditional shapes, colors, and styles.
2). Throw rugs:
It is not necessary to always use large throw and area rugs. A number of many small ones are also easily available that are designed specifically for use in the kitchen or bathroom. Place a nice weaved rug on the floor in front of the kitchen sink or stove to create a snug decorative touch to the kitchen without sacrificing limited space.
3). Towels and hot pads:
Some of you may think towels and hot pads as an obvious thing, however many overlook this simple and easy decorative accent. Purchase a few nice towels with designs, patterns, or just colors to accent and match your kitchen decorating theme. You can hang towels on cabinet doors, stove, or refrigerator handles. Complete the added decorative touch with hot pads, gloves, and divets that complement the towels. You can hang hot pads and divets on the wall, which will allow for more decorative style without getting in the way.
4). Stenciled designs on cabinets:
This is an excellent decorating technique for small kitchens. You just need to paint stenciled designs on the front of your cabinet doors. You can either paint stenciled designs in the corners or can paint large budding flowers right in the middle of the cabinet door. They can be common shapes or other objects that best fit in with your personal decorating style.
5). Ceiling fan or small chandelier:
A ceiling fan or small kitchen chandelier helps a lot in improving the décor of your kitchen without taking up much needed working space. Since the kitchen is small, you will need to ensure to go with small chandeliers or fans that won’t overwhelm the room.
Follow these simple ideas and tips and you will be able to create a kitchen that will not only look clean but also gives an elegant and stylish look.
More from my site
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Ideas for Kitchen Decor Kitchen can be an enjoyable place for the whole family. You can make it an exiting and fun part of your home by decorating it uniquely and attractively.
There is no doubt that a well decorated kitchen is a great place to make meals and have good time with family and friends. Create a best looking kitchen with a little imagination, creativity, and some effort. This will change your […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- 5 Steps to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are 5 easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]