Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty of scarves:
Frame a brightly colored scarf:
Instead of buying an expensive artwork for your walls, you can frame a silk scarf with an appealing abstract print and hang it on the wall of the living room. Frame a number of various scarves that compliment one another and group them collectively as a set. Scarves can be a perfect way of making a stunning artistic display for a living area.
Decorate windows with scarves:
Adding a colorful scarf as a curtain tie-back is a fun way of sprucing up a living room window. You can use a scarf with a boldly graphic print to add impact to a boring living room. Also, attaching some pretty beads to the edges of the scarf, you use as a curtain tie-back, can add even more interest. In addition, use a large scarf as a window treatment, valence, or curtain, or sew different scarves together to use as a curtain or other window treatment.
Invigorate your old pillows:
One way of making your old throw pillow attractive and interesting is to tie a beautiful scarf around it. You just need to wrap a scarf around the pillow and tie a double knot. You can make a series of pillows using attractive and appealing scarves and fling them on your couch and living room chairs. This is an economical way to add beauty to your living room.
Tie a scarf around a ceramic vase:
An economical way of dressing up a ceramic vase or planter in the living room is to tie a scarf around it and add a big bow in the front. This is a fast way of changing a cheap ceramic vase into an artsy, unique piece.
Use large scarves to cover tables:
You can add color and artistic charm to the mantel of a fireplace by using large scarves or by draping over end tables. Scarves add a decorative touch as well as help to protect tables from water stains from the bottoms of glasses.
These are just a few scarf decorating ideas. You can generate your own ideas by using your sense of creativity and imagination. Have fun discovering the amazing world of decorating with scarves.
More from my site
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Tips to Update your Living Room In many home, the living room is the first room a guest may see upon entering the home. Therefore, it should be one of the most memorable and well designed areas in your home. If your living room seems outdated¸ you need to decorate it in such as way that it is not only cost effective but also gives an elegant look. Redesigning your living room is not an expensive task if you just use […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- 5 Steps to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are 5 easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Types of Decorative Pillows Pillows are the easiest way to decorate any living space. A dull and boring couch can be made interesting by throwing a few new decorative pillows. Without purchasing all new expensive bedding, just a pillow swap can alter the whole look of your bed. Decorative pillows are available in all sizes, shapes, and colors; however they can be differentiated by their features.
Here are some […]
- Room Decorating Ideas for Colonial Home One prominent characteristic of colonial home, that set it apart from the rest, was that it had the central hallway and the central stairway.
Generally, colonial homes had two storeys with the second storey cloning the first one. They mostly had fireplaces on both floors for added warmth. Moreover, these types of homes usually have a very open look when you enter the front door.