Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty of scarves:
Frame a brightly colored scarf:
Instead of buying an expensive artwork for your walls, you can frame a silk scarf with an appealing abstract print and hang it on the wall of the living room. Frame a number of various scarves that compliment one another and group them collectively as a set. Scarves can be a perfect way of making a stunning artistic display for a living area.
Decorate windows with scarves:
Adding a colorful scarf as a curtain tie-back is a fun way of sprucing up a living room window. You can use a scarf with a boldly graphic print to add impact to a boring living room. Also, attaching some pretty beads to the edges of the scarf, you use as a curtain tie-back, can add even more interest. In addition, use a large scarf as a window treatment, valence, or curtain, or sew different scarves together to use as a curtain or other window treatment.
Invigorate your old pillows:
One way of making your old throw pillow attractive and interesting is to tie a beautiful scarf around it. You just need to wrap a scarf around the pillow and tie a double knot. You can make a series of pillows using attractive and appealing scarves and fling them on your couch and living room chairs. This is an economical way to add beauty to your living room.
Tie a scarf around a ceramic vase:
An economical way of dressing up a ceramic vase or planter in the living room is to tie a scarf around it and add a big bow in the front. This is a fast way of changing a cheap ceramic vase into an artsy, unique piece.
Use large scarves to cover tables:
You can add color and artistic charm to the mantel of a fireplace by using large scarves or by draping over end tables. Scarves add a decorative touch as well as help to protect tables from water stains from the bottoms of glasses.
These are just a few scarf decorating ideas. You can generate your own ideas by using your sense of creativity and imagination. Have fun discovering the amazing world of decorating with scarves.
More from my site
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- 5 Steps to Decorate a Small Living Room Although it is quite difficult to decorate a living room when you do not have a lot of space to work with in your home, however you can change the cramped quarters into cozy and attractive spaces.
Here are 5 easy steps to decorate a small living room.
1). Use enough and bright lighting in order to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can use dramatic wall lighting that is considered […]
- Use Decorative Pillows to Beautify Your Home Decor Decorative pillows give a beautification to any living area, whether it is your bedroom or the living room. They have unlimited charm which is not only pleasing but also enhance the home décor effectively. If you don’t have any decorative pillows in your home then you should buy some because they spectacularly improve your interior decoration.
A wide variety of decorative pillows are […]
- Types of Decorative Pillows Pillows are the easiest way to decorate any living space. A dull and boring couch can be made interesting by throwing a few new decorative pillows. Without purchasing all new expensive bedding, just a pillow swap can alter the whole look of your bed. Decorative pillows are available in all sizes, shapes, and colors; however they can be differentiated by their features.
Here are some […]
- Types of Window Decoration Windows decoration is an important aspect of home decoration as it keeps your home looking and feeling more than just a house. Blinds, shades, curtains, valances, etc are all part of windows decoration. However, before buying anything to decorate windows, you need to think about what your needs, your wants, and your tastes are. After knowing your requirements, buy the most appropriate […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Decorate Outdoors to Create Curbside Appeal The outside entrance is the first thing that you and your guests notice; therefore, it should be beautiful and welcoming. This article will provide you with a few very useful tips that will help you in cleaning up the outside entryway and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Add an outdoor address plaque:
First, you need to ensure that your family and friends can find where you […]