The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is becoming more popular. Whether you are fan of contemporary or traditional, the appropriate rug can help in making a statement about your style. A wide-ranging selection of area rugs and rug runners are available in the market to choose the right one for your home.
You can also make your entryway stand out by decorating it in the right way. If you are looking for tranquility, you can add a beautiful indoor fountain. If you want to show off your love for art, you can select custom-framed art or a metal wall sculpture for creating a little interest.
For decorating the ceiling, you can select a combination of ceiling fixtures and other lighting, which is a perfect way to set the tone of your home. One way to achieve a unique look is to group table lamps on a console table and topping off the room with a beautiful chandelier.
If your foyer is old-fashioned and boring, you can add wall sconces and mini pendant lights to brighten up the space. You just need to ensure that the lighting you select is in the appropriate proportion for the space.
Finding function in your home’s entryway:
Although style is an important part of the entryway, you should not leave function at the doorstep. For this, select the proper entryway furniture for this space. For instance, hall trees not only add style to the space but also are the ideal place for guest to hang their outer garments and put down their purses and umbrellas as they walk inside.
There is no doubt that hall trees have come a long way from the average coat rack. They are beautifully designed in such as way that they can adorn any entryway space. The entryway furniture ranges from hall trees with benches to hall trees with wicker baskets, available in a variety of styles.
Moreover, storage benches are also available that help you in keeping your personal things, such as hats and gloves.
An entryway is a great way to reflect your personality and welcome guests into your home. All you need to do is to be creative and have fun decorating this distinctive space in your home as a surprising entryway immediately makes a good first impression.
More from my site
- Dorm Room Decorating Ideas When going to move out to school, it is important to select dorm room decorative items in order to add both appeal and comfort to the room. However, it is entirely up to you how you decorate it. You can make a tiny dorm room feel homey and alluring by making it comfortable as decorating your dorm with comfort in mind is a great starting point.
Following are some of the most important […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]
- Salad Decorating Ideas Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination […]
- How to Make Decorative Ceramic Fountain Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- Unique Hair Accessories for Women A variety of hair accessories for women is available in the market. Different types of accessories give different look to a hairstyle. Some of the hair accessories are very simple to choose, while others are quite difficult to select the best hair accessory.
Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the best use of different hair accessories for different […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]