The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is becoming more popular. Whether you are fan of contemporary or traditional, the appropriate rug can help in making a statement about your style. A wide-ranging selection of area rugs and rug runners are available in the market to choose the right one for your home.
You can also make your entryway stand out by decorating it in the right way. If you are looking for tranquility, you can add a beautiful indoor fountain. If you want to show off your love for art, you can select custom-framed art or a metal wall sculpture for creating a little interest.
For decorating the ceiling, you can select a combination of ceiling fixtures and other lighting, which is a perfect way to set the tone of your home. One way to achieve a unique look is to group table lamps on a console table and topping off the room with a beautiful chandelier.
If your foyer is old-fashioned and boring, you can add wall sconces and mini pendant lights to brighten up the space. You just need to ensure that the lighting you select is in the appropriate proportion for the space.
Finding function in your home’s entryway:
Although style is an important part of the entryway, you should not leave function at the doorstep. For this, select the proper entryway furniture for this space. For instance, hall trees not only add style to the space but also are the ideal place for guest to hang their outer garments and put down their purses and umbrellas as they walk inside.
There is no doubt that hall trees have come a long way from the average coat rack. They are beautifully designed in such as way that they can adorn any entryway space. The entryway furniture ranges from hall trees with benches to hall trees with wicker baskets, available in a variety of styles.
Moreover, storage benches are also available that help you in keeping your personal things, such as hats and gloves.
An entryway is a great way to reflect your personality and welcome guests into your home. All you need to do is to be creative and have fun decorating this distinctive space in your home as a surprising entryway immediately makes a good first impression.
More from my site
- Decorate Outdoors to Create Curbside Appeal The outside entrance is the first thing that you and your guests notice; therefore, it should be beautiful and welcoming. This article will provide you with a few very useful tips that will help you in cleaning up the outside entryway and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Add an outdoor address plaque:
First, you need to ensure that your family and friends can find where you […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Basement Decorating Ideas Decorating basement is a great way to transform an unused space into a whole new room. Doing it up really nice will add a new dimension to your house. Although this idea may turn some people off because a basement is wedged underground, however this fact can be a real advantage for some types of rooms. Following are a few remodeling ideas that are used by a number of people for their […]
- Tips for Creating a Focal Point A natural focal point is likely to present in each room of your home. When entering the room, it is the place where the eye first comes to rest. This makes it one of the most significant features for the well decorated home.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect focal point to help you out.
Finding the main feature:
Firstly, you need to decide what will attract the most […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]