Decorating basement is a great way to transform an unused space into a whole new room. Doing it up really nice will add a new dimension to your house. Although this idea may turn some people off because a basement is wedged underground, however this fact can be a real advantage for some types of rooms. Following are a few remodeling ideas that are used by a number of people for their basements, the advantages and disadvantages of each, and a few tips if you select any of these ideas.
Music or home theater room
One idea is to turn your dull and boring basement into the perfect music or home theater room. Maybe the greatest thing about this renovation is the acoustic lining that is usually put on the ceiling and walls, which guarantees total sound quality in a closed room.
Though basements are great for home theaters since many of them are already quite dark, however it is important to ensure that you have a good dehumidifier to protect the electronic equipments.
Game room is the perfect idea for the basement. A number of people are making their basements into game rooms by taking mini alcohol bars, pool tables, dartboards, and similar things. The advantage of making your basement a game room is that it becomes easier to host parties in your basement because the neighbors won’t complain about the noise. You can do this very economically with some colorful paint and good lighting.
Similar to the gym idea, this idea is also a simple one that needs a bit of modification to the basement. In lieu of the typical garage set workbench, it is a good idea to transfer your benches and power tools to the basement. The basement is perfect place if you make small thing in your workshop, however if you build large cabinets then you need to make your basement door larger to get them out.
Setting up your basement as your new favorite workout area is quite easy. This is because you won’t have to mark up the floors or walls as the concrete gives the equipments a solid footing. You can put some rubber mats if you don’t like the hard floor. However, you will only need to worry about is finding a good ventilation system for your basement in order to keep fresh air circulating in it constantly because you will be breathing heavily from exercise.
When decorating your basement, you can spend as much or as little as you want. However, just like any other home interior decorating project, the more you do the better it will look.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms Although large rooms are a dream for lots of people, however it is quite difficult to manage the space in large rooms. The most common problems in large houses include more untidiness, more maintenance, and a propensity for rooms to look dull and boring. Especially, large rooms with high ceilings can easily feel cold, inhospitable, and unfriendly.
There are a number of tips and tricks […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Small Space Decoration Ideas If you live in small apartments, condos, and small spaces then you may be wishing for a little more elbowroom. However, larger rooms are not really necessary to make a space cozy. You can turn your cramped quarters into a comfortable, lovely complement to your style with a few of the following decorating tips.
Use darker hues and the right lighting:
One of the most common […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]