Decorating the baby room is one of the most exciting aspects of waiting for your baby to be born. Whether you have decided to use traditional pastels or more inspiring color shades, keep in mind that the first step in making your baby’s room special is to cover the walls in color.
One of the most inexpensive ways to introduce color to the baby room is to paint the walls. The traditional baby colors are pastel blue and pink; however you can also consider giving the room a more modern look by pairing them with different colors. You can paint the top half of a wall with chocolate brown and turquoise stripes. After adding a chair rail, paint the bottom half of the wall pastel blue. Or use hot pink and pastel pink as alternative colors.
Another idea is to swirl the paint on with a sponge to give the wall interest or use a textured paint for an ersatz stucco look. Always select non-toxic paint that is safe for baby.
Depending on the baby room’s theme, hang a wallpaper border. You can set a border of cars and trucks in bright primary colors, or you can select a border of fairies, flowers, or princesses. A pattern of thin pastel stripes in pastel blue, pink, yellow, and green can be used to paper the walls. Use a butterfly or circus print to set apart an accent wall and paint the other three walls with colors hauled from the paper. You can also consider setting up white bead board half-way up the wall and paper the other half.
Murals and stickers:
Creating a mural on one wall can add beauty to the baby room. There are a lot of popular baby room characters to select from. A jungle scene featuring vivid colors makes the room pop, whereas a scene featuring blue sky and white, downy clouds invokes a restful mood. You may paint the mural freehand or select one of the many available stick-on murals. The good thing about these murals is that they stick on to the walls perfectly, but can also peel right off whenever you want to change them. Smaller wall stickers are easily available in all themes, styles, and colors.
Moreover, you can consider using alphabet decals on the wall to spell out your baby’s name, or write sayings like “Sweet Dreams”, “We Love You”, “Good Day”, etc. You can also use rainbow stickers to highlight a pastel wall.
Paintings and pictures:
Another inexpensive way to add art to your baby’s room is to frame pictures cut from journals, magazines or books. Select them carefully according to the room’s theme. You can also consider framing your baby’s birth announcement and placing it above the dresser or crib. Moreover, frame and hang the drawings, paintings, or color pictures in the baby’s room made by siblings. This will help in giving the room some exclusive art work and also include the others in the decorating process.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Baby Room Decorating a baby’s room is an enjoyable process, especially for the expectant parents. There are numerous ways to decorate a baby room. Themes such as Mickey the mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Popeye the sailor, Bugs Bunny, Heckle and Jeckle, Tom and Jerry, and Donald Duck are most commonly used in decorating kid’s room. Some of the most popular ideas for decorating a baby room are as […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]
- Rental Decorating Ideas You may have faced some decorating problems if you live in a rental space. While wanting to make your rental a home, it becomes very difficult to paint or completely change your space. Moreover, if you live in a rental apartment, the whole building may be insipid and uninspiring. However, you can alter your rental space into a home by doing various things. All you need to do is to be […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Patio Terrace Decoration Ideas Having a well decorated patio terrace gives you a great pleasure and enjoyment. However, decorating patio terrace often becomes quite difficult, particularly if the terrace has unequal depths. In order to create an inviting patio where your guests love to spend a lot of time, you need to use the diversity in the terrace depths. The perfectly decorated terrace is the one that can be […]
- Decorate Outdoors to Create Curbside Appeal The outside entrance is the first thing that you and your guests notice; therefore, it should be beautiful and welcoming. This article will provide you with a few very useful tips that will help you in cleaning up the outside entryway and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Add an outdoor address plaque:
First, you need to ensure that your family and friends can find where you […]
- Basement Decorating Ideas Decorating basement is a great way to transform an unused space into a whole new room. Doing it up really nice will add a new dimension to your house. Although this idea may turn some people off because a basement is wedged underground, however this fact can be a real advantage for some types of rooms. Following are a few remodeling ideas that are used by a number of people for their […]
- Fall Decorating Tips Fall decorations are correlated with the classic, earthy colors that are homage to Mother Nature herself. As the season changes, the colors we usually witness first-hand include the burnt oranges, golden wheats, and browns. However, these changes in color are not just for outdoors; instead they also affect the indoor settings.
In order to makeover your home for Fall; following are […]