The appearance of your bedroom can easily be changed by following few simple steps. The good thing is that you can do most of the work yourself that will not only save some money but also end up with a bedroom with a whole new look.
Here are few ideas to help you out in renewing your bedroom.
1). Clean up the clutter:
First, you need to assess your needs and wants. Evaluate the items in the bedroom and get rid of all those things that you think are not in use anymore. Only keep those items in the room that you wish to keep for the new bedroom layout. Be selective, and you will be surprised at how much better the bedroom looks with just this first step.
2). Redress your bed:
The bed covers the majority of space of your bedroom and is the most prominent item in the room. Therefore, simply changing the bedding set can transform the room amazingly. Select something that best complements your personality. Moreover, you can also use bedding set to set the mood and theme for the room.
3). Don’t forget the floors:
One great way to change the look of the room without a complete renovation is to use an area rug. Keep in mind that darker floors will make the room seem smaller, whereas lighter colors help in making the room appear larger.
4). Throw in pillows and add some shams:
An easy way to carry the design scheme around the room is to add accent pieces, shams, and euro shams that best coordinate with your bedding. Do a little research to find the one that suites your taste and also rest of your bedroom decoration.
5). Treat your windows to a new look:
Select longer drapes that reach to the floor in order to elongate the walls and give the room a grander ceiling. If you want to give a traditional look to your bedroom, you can consider contrasting the window treatments to the color of the walls to let them to stand out as a unique component in the room. Harmonizing the drapes to the wall provides a softer, more contemporary feel. Conversely, you may also consider some valances or blinds.
Follow these simple steps and enjoy all new look of your bedroom.
More from my site
- Bedroom Accessories for Decoration Bedroom is the place where you can make yourself comfortable. Therefore, it should be decorated in such a way that not only it looks attractive but also helps in making you relaxed.
If you want to renovate your bedroom, then it is advisable to buy some new bedroom accessories as they make the bedroom more appealing and special. Many bedroom accessories are only for decorative […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Ideas for Decorating Kids Bedroom Decorating kids’ bedroom can be a lot of fun. They provide a great chance to be creative in a fresh and colorful way. The key ingredients in decorating kids’ bedroom are playfulness and fun. Here are some kids’ bedroom decoration ideas to get you started.
Animal themed bedroom:
A number of kids are fascinated with animals. Decorate their bedroom with an animal and zoo them so that it […]
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Ways to Use a Room Divider Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that […]
- Dorm Room Decorating Ideas When going to move out to school, it is important to select dorm room decorative items in order to add both appeal and comfort to the room. However, it is entirely up to you how you decorate it. You can make a tiny dorm room feel homey and alluring by making it comfortable as decorating your dorm with comfort in mind is a great starting point.
Following are some of the most important […]
- Tips for Decorating A Large Living Room Many people find it hard to decorate a large living room as they are all confused about how to decorate the massive space properly. Large spaces also have some decorating problems just like small ones.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in decorating your large living room.
Use dark colors to decorate:
Use dark colors when decorating a large living room as this will make […]
- Decorating Rental Apartment Using Inexpensive Items It becomes very tough task to decorate two-bedroom apartment on rent. However, you can decorate your rooms with movable items. Following are some tips to decorate your rooms by using various accessories, proper lighting, and window treatments:
Accessorize your rooms:
Stylish accessories are quite a valuable investment as they stay with you even if you plan to change. Therefore, it is […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Lawn Decoration Ideas A front yard is the first part of the house that visitors see. Whether you want to sell your house or you just want to enhance the look of your front yard, consider using some lawn decoration ideas to help your lawn stand out. You can either use very basic lawn decorations such as clearing the clutter, mowing the grass, and placing potted flowers or you can select to invest time and […]