Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For example, pillows, tablecloth, and curtains can be of the same color. This will harmonize the room decoration, and will help in avoiding the ‘too much’ and ‘confused’ look.
2). Use warm colors such as reds, oranges, and yellows to fill the space. These colors and their shades are soothing and warm, and they tend to grab the eyes and fill the space.
3). Use cool colors such as greens, blues, and violets to give an illusion of more and open space.
4). Use pale pinks for a serene and comforting look. As the pink color gets closer to red, it becomes more energetic.
5). For giving an illusion of height, use vertical stripes on walls and curtains.
6). Use horizontal stripes on walls and curtains to give an illusion of length.
7). Use light color on the walls and ceilings to make the room look larger and more roomy.
8). Avoid using contradicting colors and themes. When you need to make your room look larger and want to use cool colors to achieve it then select a theme which best complements the cool colors.
9). If same colored carpet, sofa and other upholstery give a monotonous look then use colorful cushions and wall-hangings. This will not only break the monotony but also give the room more attractive look.
10). If you don’t want to use any color in the room then you can use black, white, and/or different shades of grays.
More from my site
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]
- Living Room Decoration Tips The living rooms are also recognized as sitting rooms, lounges, or lounge rooms, they are the allowance area where you spend your time at home, for archetype to sit and talk, watch TV, get relaxed from all day’s brainwork, or for engrossing your guests. If you want to use the living room area for all of these purposes then you will need to plan and decorate it properly.
Following are […]
- Kids Bathroom Décor Ideas If you have a separate bathroom for your kids, then you have a number of options for their bathroom décor.
First and foremost option is to have the bathroom downsized to the children level. For this, you can install lower sinks, soft flooring, and a juvenile décor. However, you will need to remodel the bathroom in future as kids grow up very quickly.
The second important option is to […]
- Fall Decorating Tips Fall decorations are correlated with the classic, earthy colors that are homage to Mother Nature herself. As the season changes, the colors we usually witness first-hand include the burnt oranges, golden wheats, and browns. However, these changes in color are not just for outdoors; instead they also affect the indoor settings.
In order to makeover your home for Fall; following are […]
- Baby Room Wall Decoration Tips Decorating the baby room is one of the most exciting aspects of waiting for your baby to be born. Whether you have decided to use traditional pastels or more inspiring color shades, keep in mind that the first step in making your baby’s room special is to cover the walls in color.
One of the most inexpensive ways to introduce color to the baby room is to paint the walls. The […]
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]