If you have a separate bathroom for your kids, then you have a number of options for their bathroom décor.
First and foremost option is to have the bathroom downsized to the children level. For this, you can install lower sinks, soft flooring, and a juvenile décor. However, you will need to remodel the bathroom in future as kids grow up very quickly.
The second important option is to keep adult sized fixtures, making the décor pleasing to kids. Here are a few tips on how to make the kids’ bathroom a place of their own without investing too much money and in such as way that can be changed easily as the children grow.
A quick and easy thing to do is wall paint, and also it is very effective in bringing in some bright colors. If the kids are old enough, you can consider their favorite color. However, it is not always possible to select the colors of your kids’ choice, therefore, your judgment in the selection of colors is important.
Keep in mind that you can always repaint the walls. Once the wall paint is done, you can use wall decals to change simple bathroom into a themed one. Finally, complete your bathroom décor by adding a few accessories such as rugs, towels, toothbrush holder concerning the theme.
There are a number of popular themes for kids’ bathroom décor that vary a lot by age groups. For younger kids, select any of their favorite movie characters. Disney princesses with variations of lavender, pinks and blues are always preferred by little girls, whereas cars, sports, and monsters themes are popular among the boys.
If there is a shared bathroom for kids of a different gender then it is better to use a neutral theme. You can use bright colorful splashes that work well for both boys and girls. For instance, using a Frisbee theme will offer a full line of accessories with simple bright colors. This theme is very attractive and also contemporary.
Animals in cartoon or stylized designs are also work well for both boys and girls. Generally, these designs are available in a number of different color models.
The most important thing to remember in decorating the kids’ bathroom is to ensure their safety. Always use plastic accessories, round corners furniture, and ensure they cannot be burned by turning the water on too hot. Use devices to prevent this type of accidents.
More from my site
- Bathroom Decorating Tips One of the easiest tasks in decorating jobs is decorating your bathroom. It is not necessary to have lot of accessories to achieve an attractive bathroom. You just need to be creative and resourceful in order to select the right materials that best reflect your personality and interest. If you want to decorate your bathroom better, bathroom decorating tips can be very helpful.
You can […]
- Make a Small Bathroom Feel Larger Bathroom is one of the most essential rooms of the home; however, when it comes to interior decoration, the house owners usually pay a least attention to this room of home. Properly decorating bathroom can help in making this space part of rest of your home.
Decorating a small bathroom is as tricky as the larger ones. Here are some ideas to help you out in making a small bathroom feel […]
- Bathroom Decorating Themes When it comes to home décor, the bathroom is usually the most neglected room in a house. However, it should be given an equal thought while decorating home as it is used not only by the owners but also by guests. Therefore, it should be neat, clean, and well decorated.
Though bathroom gives limited choice for decoration, yet it can be decorated with exciting and economical bathroom […]
- How To Make Paper Origami Rose Origami is an ancient Japanese art of paper folding that creates magnificent 3D models with a single paper sheet. In this art, the paper is folded in such a way that it does not need any cutting or pasting. Different kinds of flowers, birds, animals, and many more wonderful patterns and designs can be made using origami.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make an origami […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Ideas for Decorating Kids Bedroom Decorating kids’ bedroom can be a lot of fun. They provide a great chance to be creative in a fresh and colorful way. The key ingredients in decorating kids’ bedroom are playfulness and fun. Here are some kids’ bedroom decoration ideas to get you started.
Animal themed bedroom:
A number of kids are fascinated with animals. Decorate their bedroom with an animal and zoo them so that it […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Decorating Ideas for Small Kitchen A small kitchen can be agonizing as working in it seems quite difficult, and decorating it properly can feel like an impossibility. However, there are some excellent ways to decorate small kitchens.
Here are five simple yet valuable decorating ideas for your small kitchen to get you started.
1). New cabinet knobs and handles:
You can make a world of difference in the overall look of […]
- Lawn Decoration Ideas A front yard is the first part of the house that visitors see. Whether you want to sell your house or you just want to enhance the look of your front yard, consider using some lawn decoration ideas to help your lawn stand out. You can either use very basic lawn decorations such as clearing the clutter, mowing the grass, and placing potted flowers or you can select to invest time and […]