A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most important thing is size of the lamp. Different kinds of table lamps are available in different heights and widths. They can range from 25 inches to 32 inches in height, and candle-stick types to broader and larger in width.
Selecting appropriate size of the lamp highly depends on the area where you want to place it. A medium sized table lamp is best for the bedroom as large lamp can fall from the small bed-side table. For a delicate glass table, you can select a slender lamp to make it more attractive. Bulky and large lamps can be placed in the far end of the living room.
Moreover, height of the lamp depends on the height of the table. Taller lamps are best for lower tables, and shorter lamps are perfect for higher tables.
The style of the lamp is also vital. A large number of styles are available in the market. You need to select the style that complements your décor. For example, the delicate and ornamental lamps such as crystal, shiny brass table lamps looks better in Victorian style furnished home. If you have a high-tech interior decoration style then a modern swing-arm lamp will be the perfect choice. Similarly, many different styles of lamps back up your traditional, classic, or modern interior décor style.
Table lamps come in various types of materials such as metal, glass, bronze, nickel, wood, and chrome. Following tips will give you an idea of buying appropriate lamp when it comes to lamp material.
1). The concord lamps with a heavy weighted base are a good choice for a traditional interior design.
2). The bronze and honey shaded lamps give a natural and perfect look and can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
3). A rectangular lamp with black pattern and a metal base gives your bedroom a trendy look.
4). Antique bronze lamps are best for a Victorian styled bedroom.
5). A java table lamp with heavy weighted bases and a two level light dimming switch is a great choice for the outdoor arrangements. You can buy them in antique honey wicker shade and bronze shades.
More from my site
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- How to Paint Clay Pot with Poster Colors Home decoration is an art. We can decorate our homes with many house hold accessories. Home is a place where we live with peace and serenity. Colors make everything colorful around us. If our life is dull and colorless then we must try to bring back the colors of life. You can add color by placing colorful things in your home. Today I am going to tell you how to color clay pot at home […]
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Wall Clock Decoration Time is money and the persons who waste their time are looser in their life. Clock tells us the importance of time. Clock in home is very necessary its just work as the leader do. Clocks are of different sizes and shapes, depending upon its placement in the room. Home decoration is incomplete without the placement of the correct wall clock. There are myriad varieties with different […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Painted Pots Decorated homes always look beautiful as compare to simple undecorated homes. As trends are changing so the ways of living are also changed. Our homes reflect ways of our living style .It is very easy to decorate you home in limited resources. If we talk about home accessories they are expenses in market, so everyone cannot afford all these lavish things. But you can make beautiful […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Ideas for Decorating Kids Bedroom Decorating kids’ bedroom can be a lot of fun. They provide a great chance to be creative in a fresh and colorful way. The key ingredients in decorating kids’ bedroom are playfulness and fun. Here are some kids’ bedroom decoration ideas to get you started.
Animal themed bedroom:
A number of kids are fascinated with animals. Decorate their bedroom with an animal and zoo them so that it […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- How to Make Decorative Ceramic Fountain Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your […]