Origami is an ancient Japanese art of paper folding that creates magnificent 3D models with a single paper sheet. In this art, the paper is folded in such a way that it does not need any cutting or pasting. Different kinds of flowers, birds, animals, and many more wonderful patterns and designs can be made using origami.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make an origami rose.
1). The first step is to select the appropriate paper. Use the specific origami paper or any other type of paper having color and texture of your choice. Paper having a slight difference in its front and back side is ideal for making Origami rose. This difference may be in the color or texture of the paper.
2). After selecting the paper, it’s time to get ready for making the Origami rose. If using a normal paper then cut it into a square shape.
3). Fold the paper in half, and then unfold it so that a crease in the middle of the paper can be obtained.
4). Turn the paper by 90 degrees angle, fold it in half and then again unfold it. After doing this, two creases that are perpendicular to each other is formed. Draw black lines on both these creases.
5). Turn the paper by 45 degrees angle and fold it into half to get a triangle. Now unfold it to see a crease and join the two corners of the square paper. Likewise, make another crease that joins the remaining two corners. Draw red lines on these creases.
6). Fold this paper in half and the two red lines on the inner side of the paper can be seen. Now fold the paper into a valley fold, i.e. along one of the red lines. Turn this paper over and fold the other end along the second line on the opposite side to obtain an inverted triangle.
7). After opening the paper from inside of the triangle, flatten it to create a square base. Place it in such a way that its open sides face downwards.
8). Now fold both the open sides towards the middle line. Turn over the paper and repeat the same steps to obtain a kite shape. After doing that, fold the top triangular part of the kite towards the middle, and unfold the last three folds.
9). Raise the base corner of the square upwards and flatten along the three creases to bring the borders towards the middle. Turn over the paper and repeat the step.
10). Now fold the right side of the top layer towards the middle line, i.e. bring it into a valley fold. Likewise, fold the top layer of the left side towards the middle line.
11). Fold the model upwards into half, and open the four sides to obtain a plus mark shape. Begin folding the sides into a triangular form and clockwise to obtain a pinwheel like pattern.
12). Turn over the model and grab its top with the help of a pair of tweezers and rotate it gradually but firmly for several turns.
13). Now turn it over and fold the flaps of each petal inside carefully and neatly to complete the back of the rose. After folding all the four flaps inside, turn over the model and paper origami rose is ready.
These are the simple steps to make an origami rose. A regular practice and patience is required to master this art of creating beautiful 3D models using origami technique.
More from my site
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Kids Bathroom Décor Ideas If you have a separate bathroom for your kids, then you have a number of options for their bathroom décor.
First and foremost option is to have the bathroom downsized to the children level. For this, you can install lower sinks, soft flooring, and a juvenile décor. However, you will need to remodel the bathroom in future as kids grow up very quickly.
The second important option is to […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- How To Make Decorative Sunflower Jar Sunflowers are best for any kind of decoration as they look great both outdoors and indoors. Apart from using real sunflowers as decoration, silk sunflowers and sunflower designed decorative items are also used for interior decoration. Sunflower designed jar is among one of them.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make decorative sunflower jar. You can use this lovely […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Ways to Use a Room Divider Room dividers are available in a large variety of styles, sizes, and designs that range from traditional, old-world privacy screens to Asian influenced rice paper screens, modern folding screens and a lot more. Whatsoever style of décor you choose a folding room divider is a perfect way of making an excellent accent to your décor.
Room dividers are beautiful additions to any room that […]