Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show off a collection of mirrors by making a display case. Install mirrors everywhere on a wall niche, fit it in with glass shelves, and lit it properly. The light will not only highlight the beauty of mirrors, but also create a lovely focal point.
A decorative framed mirror can be incorporated a
nice mirror into an entryway or foyer. This will help in adding elegance to the space. Also, when hung over a console table along with other decorative items makes a spectacular display to welcome the guests with a unique style.
For the Windows:
Install mirror on the sides of the window between the wall and the frame to allow sunshine to enter into a dark and gloomy room. This way, the mirror will not only reflect the outside light, but also bring a glance of the outdoors.
Use a glazier custom cut glass to give it a professional look.
For the Dining Room:
Mirror the entire wall of dining room to make it seem twice as long. However, ensure that the wall is totally flat and smooth for mirrors installation; or else, the mirrors could distort images by bowing from the unevenness of the wall.
It is best to use smaller wall mirrors so that they can be fixed together with beveled strips. After doing this, place the decorative hardware at each corner of the mirror. This decorative hardware is called rosettes.
For the best result, place the dining table against the mirrored wall. This will make the dining room appear double in size. Similarly, any small room can be made visually double sized by using mirrors.
In the Bathroom:
Usually wall mirrors, in the bathroom, are hung above a sink to allow you to view upper body. Many different shapes and sizes of mirrors are used for this purpose. The appropriate selection of a mirror for the bathroom depends on the space and setting of the bathroom.
Large mirror can be used in the big bathroom, whereas small bathroom look nice when small mirror is used in it.
In the Children’s Bedrooms:
Safety is the foremost consideration when hanging wall mirrors in the children’s bedrooms. There are a variety of fun mirrors to select from with unique themes, such as baseball, ballerinas, stars, the fairy princess, multi-colored frames, and many more.
When hanging a mirror in the children’s rooms, ensure that they could easily see themselves in the mirror at full body height.
More from my site
- Decorating Your Home with Mirrors An essential part of your home decoration ideas is the use of mirrors, particularly if you have a small or limited space. The fact is that if you can place mirrors strategically, they can do wonders in making your rooms look brighter and bigger. They will not only help in enhancing the source of light but also its reflection. Moreover, if you choose a decorative mirror, they can even […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Simple Tips for Home Decoration A significant difference for the rooms can be made by decorating a home. Simple home decorations can not only give your home relaxing feel but also soothes your eyes. Some simple but useful tips are as follows that you can use in decorating your home in order to get the expected results.
1). If you are tired of seeing the same colors on your walls, repaint them or put additional […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]