Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and numerous other nutritious ingredients.
In order to make salad both attractive and nutritious, it is important to have good understanding about its ingredients and their nutritive value. It is surely an art to have a complete knowledge and information of how to combine ingredients and provide a mouth watering taste. Nevertheless, this art needs a little understanding, creativity, and practice to be mastered.
Here are some useful salad decorating ideas that can help you in making salads that are not only appealing but also nutritious.
1). The first and foremost thing in decorating salad is to decide whether you want your salad to be part of the meal or a whole meal in itself.
2). To make salad attractive, it should be colorful. Therefore, you should try to combine as many ingredients of different colors as possible. The salad gets its unique characteristic and taste only if the greens, reds, yellows, and all the various colors are used in it. You can make an absolutely irresistible salad by combining the ingredients well with a good dressing.
3). Try to dress your salad well as a good dressing provides it with just the taste you wanted. There are some dressings that do not make a considerable difference in the appearance of the salad, but they do make a key difference to taste.
4). Another important thing in decorating the salad is how you present or serve it. Apart from using platter or serving dish, you can also try out some innovative ideas of presentation such as serving it in a scooped out melon or pumpkin.
5). You can also use some glass decorative bowls or wooden bowls to serve your salad in an attractive and innovative way.
Any food can be made very appealing if decorated and presented well. Salad is one of those dishes that have magnificent looks naturally with various colors combined into one dish; therefore, it should be presented beautifully.
More from my site
- Food Garnishing Ideas Food garnishing is an art of decorating food or drinks that is essential in order to make them visually appealing, presentable, and appetizing, particularly at parties and special events. Garnishing the food is not a difficult task. You just need to use simple edible ingredients like vegetables, chocolates, and fruits, which best complement the food dish.
Creative food garnishing […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]
- Ideas for Decorating Birthday Chocolate Cake If you are tired of giving your kids that simple and plain old chocolate cake, you can try something new. Consider some new ideas for decorating birthday chocolate cake. It would help look like something new as well as it would make the process of baking something to long for.
Therefore, next time when you shop from the supermarket and you get your traditional ingredients for your […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas The kitchen is one of the essential parts of the home. It is the place where meals are prepared and conversations start. In this article, a few useful kitchen decorating ideas is provided regarding turning the busiest room of your home into the most functional and the most appealing one.
The kitchen zones – separating areas in the kitchen
Consider your kitchen as home base because […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Cake Decorating Ideas It is very important to have appetizingly beautiful cake decorations if you think that having a home-baked cake is a thoughtful gesture on special occasions. Following are some easy cake decorating ideas that will help you in decorating your cake with the finesse of professional bakers.
Themes for cake decoration:
1). Floral theme:
Floral theme is not only the classic cake […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]