Food garnishing is an art of decorating food or drinks that is essential in order to make them visually appealing, presentable, and appetizing, particularly at parties and special events. Garnishing the food is not a difficult task. You just need to use simple edible ingredients like vegetables, chocolates, and fruits, which best complement the food dish.
Creative food garnishing ideas:
In order to garnish food creatively, it is important to make use of proper food garnishes that complement the color, texture, and taste of the food dish or drink. Depending on the food dish or drink, different ideas for food garnish can be used. For instance,
1). Almost all soup recipes have a uniform texture; therefore, they can appear very boring if they are not garnished well. Use cream, yogurt, grated cheese, or flavored oil to garnish soups.
2). Garnish vegetable dishes by using mint or coriander leaves, grated ginger, citrus peels, nuts, or seeds.
3). Meat dishes can be garnished by using different herbs, sauces, and spices.
4). Garnish desserts by using fresh fruits, whipped cream, dried fruits, powdered sugar, various forms of chocolate, or edible flowers.
5). Mint leaves, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, oranges, nuts, lemons, etc. all make perfect drink and food garnishes.
Food garnishing tools:
Tools such as apple corer, parchment cone, citrus stripper, cookie cutters, a grater, toothpicks, knives, skewers, and vegetable peelers are required for food garnishing and presentation. These tools are easily available and also quite easy to use.
Ideas for food garnishing:
Once you have equipped yourself with proper tools and food garnishes, you can use following ideas for food garnishing.
1). While using bell peppers, use all the colors in equal quantity. Also, they can be either sliced or diced.
2). Use a citrus stripper to cut out strips, twists, and wedges of citrus fruits, like oranges or lemons, and garnish drinks, fish items, or desserts with these.
3). Decorate the centerpieces by using carved fruits and vegetables. Also, use the top portion of a pineapple to decorate a fruit platter.
4). Grate, slice round, or shred carrots to garnish meat dishes. You can also make a carrot rose to decorate a salad platter.
5). Use chocolate, in the form of chocolate chips, for garnishing or grate it and sprinkle over dessert. You can use melted chocolate to sprinkle over the dessert or on the plate before serving the dessert. Moreover, chocolate sauce can be used for other garnishes like fresh fruits and nuts.
6). Use a tiny bunch of mint leaves as garnish, or cut them and sprinkle them evenly over the food dish.
7). You can also use different colored sauces, syrups, and chutneys to add a hint of color to dull and insipid looking food dishes.
Despite these food garnishing ideas, you can also use your own creativity to garnish your food dishes. However, while garnishing, keep in mind that it should go well with the color, temperature, and taste of the food dish that you want to garnish. It is also important to avoid over garnishing the food dishes, and ensure to arrange them properly, and that they should harmonize the table decoration.
More from my site
- Salad Decorating Ideas Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination […]
- Ideas For Decorating Cupcakes Cupcake decorations are one of the most versatile desserts. They are not only easy to bake but also very easy to decorate. Decorating your own cupcakes can be so much fun. All you need to do is to be creative.
Here are few ideas for decorating cupcakes to help you out.
Candy Clay Flowers:
You will need candy clay, flower cutter, and icing pen to make these flowers. Prepare candy […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Cupcake Decorating Ideas There are a number of simple techniques that can be used to decorate cakes and make them appealing. You can easily make the simple cupcakes tempting with some decorating techniques. All you need are few cake decorating tools, chocolate (Candy Melt), edible colors, and icing pen.
Here are some of the fascinating cupcake decorating ideas.
This is the simplest and easiest […]
- Ideas for Decorating Birthday Chocolate Cake If you are tired of giving your kids that simple and plain old chocolate cake, you can try something new. Consider some new ideas for decorating birthday chocolate cake. It would help look like something new as well as it would make the process of baking something to long for.
Therefore, next time when you shop from the supermarket and you get your traditional ingredients for your […]
- Outdoor BBQ Decoration Ideas Barbeque season bring lot of fun and enjoyment. Just create exciting BBQ invitation cards to send out to family and friends, and follow these easy BBQ decoration ideas for your patio. These are some of the most marvelous outdoor BBQ decoration ideas that will surely help you in creating a fun and jovial atmosphere at all of your summer gatherings.
1). Jelly and mason jars […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]
- Baby Room Wall Decoration Tips Decorating the baby room is one of the most exciting aspects of waiting for your baby to be born. Whether you have decided to use traditional pastels or more inspiring color shades, keep in mind that the first step in making your baby’s room special is to cover the walls in color.
One of the most inexpensive ways to introduce color to the baby room is to paint the walls. The […]
- Cake Decorating Ideas It is very important to have appetizingly beautiful cake decorations if you think that having a home-baked cake is a thoughtful gesture on special occasions. Following are some easy cake decorating ideas that will help you in decorating your cake with the finesse of professional bakers.
Themes for cake decoration:
1). Floral theme:
Floral theme is not only the classic cake […]