Food garnishing is an art of decorating food or drinks that is essential in order to make them visually appealing, presentable, and appetizing, particularly at parties and special events. Garnishing the food is not a difficult task. You just need to use simple edible ingredients like vegetables, chocolates, and fruits, which best complement the food dish.
Creative food garnishing ideas:
In order to garnish food creatively, it is important to make use of proper food garnishes that complement the color, texture, and taste of the food dish or drink. Depending on the food dish or drink, different ideas for food garnish can be used. For instance,
1). Almost all soup recipes have a uniform texture; therefore, they can appear very boring if they are not garnished well. Use cream, yogurt, grated cheese, or flavored oil to garnish soups.
2). Garnish vegetable dishes by using mint or coriander leaves, grated ginger, citrus peels, nuts, or seeds.
3). Meat dishes can be garnished by using different herbs, sauces, and spices.
4). Garnish desserts by using fresh fruits, whipped cream, dried fruits, powdered sugar, various forms of chocolate, or edible flowers.
5). Mint leaves, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, oranges, nuts, lemons, etc. all make perfect drink and food garnishes.
Food garnishing tools:
Tools such as apple corer, parchment cone, citrus stripper, cookie cutters, a grater, toothpicks, knives, skewers, and vegetable peelers are required for food garnishing and presentation. These tools are easily available and also quite easy to use.
Ideas for food garnishing:
Once you have equipped yourself with proper tools and food garnishes, you can use following ideas for food garnishing.
1). While using bell peppers, use all the colors in equal quantity. Also, they can be either sliced or diced.
2). Use a citrus stripper to cut out strips, twists, and wedges of citrus fruits, like oranges or lemons, and garnish drinks, fish items, or desserts with these.
3). Decorate the centerpieces by using carved fruits and vegetables. Also, use the top portion of a pineapple to decorate a fruit platter.
4). Grate, slice round, or shred carrots to garnish meat dishes. You can also make a carrot rose to decorate a salad platter.
5). Use chocolate, in the form of chocolate chips, for garnishing or grate it and sprinkle over dessert. You can use melted chocolate to sprinkle over the dessert or on the plate before serving the dessert. Moreover, chocolate sauce can be used for other garnishes like fresh fruits and nuts.
6). Use a tiny bunch of mint leaves as garnish, or cut them and sprinkle them evenly over the food dish.
7). You can also use different colored sauces, syrups, and chutneys to add a hint of color to dull and insipid looking food dishes.
Despite these food garnishing ideas, you can also use your own creativity to garnish your food dishes. However, while garnishing, keep in mind that it should go well with the color, temperature, and taste of the food dish that you want to garnish. It is also important to avoid over garnishing the food dishes, and ensure to arrange them properly, and that they should harmonize the table decoration.
More from my site
- Salad Decorating Ideas Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination […]
- Ideas For Decorating Cupcakes Cupcake decorations are one of the most versatile desserts. They are not only easy to bake but also very easy to decorate. Decorating your own cupcakes can be so much fun. All you need to do is to be creative.
Here are few ideas for decorating cupcakes to help you out.
Candy Clay Flowers:
You will need candy clay, flower cutter, and icing pen to make these flowers. Prepare candy […]
- Outdoor BBQ Decoration Ideas Barbeque season bring lot of fun and enjoyment. Just create exciting BBQ invitation cards to send out to family and friends, and follow these easy BBQ decoration ideas for your patio. These are some of the most marvelous outdoor BBQ decoration ideas that will surely help you in creating a fun and jovial atmosphere at all of your summer gatherings.
1). Jelly and mason jars […]
- Cake Decorating Ideas It is very important to have appetizingly beautiful cake decorations if you think that having a home-baked cake is a thoughtful gesture on special occasions. Following are some easy cake decorating ideas that will help you in decorating your cake with the finesse of professional bakers.
Themes for cake decoration:
1). Floral theme:
Floral theme is not only the classic cake […]
- Create an Attractive and Welcoming Entryway The entryway is the first room that you or your guests see; therefore, it should be attractive and welcoming. You can start decorating with the entryway as it will make your home’s first impression on your guests.
Here are some ideas to create an attractive and inviting entryway.
Dress up the entryway from the floor to the ceiling:
Making the floor in the entryway stand out is […]
- Aquarium Decorating Tips A well decorated aquarium surely enhances the beauty of your drawing room, as aquariums not only look beautiful but also bring in life to your living place. It is quite elating to embellish the aquarium with bright colored fish breeds swimming amidst rocky caves and water plants.
There are two different types of aquariums:
1). Fresh water aquarium.
2). Salt water aquarium.
- Halloween Party Decoration Ideas Halloween is considered as a special day for a grand celebration. Apart from the Halloween costumes, the Halloween decorations are also the most exciting part of it. This article will provide you a number of Halloween party decoration ideas that will help in making your house haunted.
In order to arrange a enjoyable Halloween party, you need to create the atmosphere that is not only […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Tea Party Decoration Ideas One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to […]