While it is important to bake a cake that tastes delicious, it is also important that the appearance of the cake looks beautiful and attractive. Decorating cake beautifully does not need you to be a professional.
Following are a few tips that will surely help you in decorating your cake, making the whole process easier, and ending up with a beautiful cake.
1. When you bake the cake, do not use real butter as a form of greasing as it contains water which will melt as the cake bakes. As a result, the bottom of the baked cake will be soggy, making it difficult to decorate it.
2. Always use the right size pans. The inappropriate size of the pan results in an unevenly baked cake, which is overcooked in some parts or undercooked in other parts with crooked in shape. In addition to this, make sure that you have the right temperature set on the oven.
3. After your cake is fully baked, ensure to transfer it to wire racks to let it cool. Allow the cake be there for at least 15 minutes. Letting the cake to completely cool is important in order to put icing on it as hot or warm cake will only melt the icing, resulting in difficult to decorate it.
4. Use a decorating bag to decorate the cake with icing. However, while decorating, ensure to have a consistent grip and the same amount of releasing pressure throughout the bag.
5. If your self-made frosting becomes too thin, instead of making it again, you can thicken it up by using a couple of ways. You can simply add some melted butter or chocolate to the icing to make it easier to use. It will taste great and delicious too.
More from my site
- Cake Decorating Ideas It is very important to have appetizingly beautiful cake decorations if you think that having a home-baked cake is a thoughtful gesture on special occasions. Following are some easy cake decorating ideas that will help you in decorating your cake with the finesse of professional bakers.
Themes for cake decoration:
1). Floral theme:
Floral theme is not only the classic cake […]
- Cake Decorating tips for Unique Designs A well decorated cake gets more attention than a simple cake. Decorating a cake is an art and can be mastered with a little practice.
Here are some tips that will help you in decorating a cake.
1). When greasing and flouring the cakes, use butter as a greasing material. But remember that butter which contains water starts melting during the baking process. As a result, the cake […]
- Cupcake Decorating Ideas There are a number of simple techniques that can be used to decorate cakes and make them appealing. You can easily make the simple cupcakes tempting with some decorating techniques. All you need are few cake decorating tools, chocolate (Candy Melt), edible colors, and icing pen.
Here are some of the fascinating cupcake decorating ideas.
This is the simplest and easiest […]
- Ideas for Decorating Birthday Chocolate Cake If you are tired of giving your kids that simple and plain old chocolate cake, you can try something new. Consider some new ideas for decorating birthday chocolate cake. It would help look like something new as well as it would make the process of baking something to long for.
Therefore, next time when you shop from the supermarket and you get your traditional ingredients for your […]
- Cake Table Décor Ideas One of the most decorative food elements at your reception and in several occasions and events is the cake that is, sometimes, also the welcoming focal point when guests arrive.
Cakes come in different shapes, designs, and sizes. If made properly, they are not only tasty and delicious but also can be beautiful and appealing.
However, apart from cake decorations, it is equally […]
- Ideas For Decorating Cupcakes Cupcake decorations are one of the most versatile desserts. They are not only easy to bake but also very easy to decorate. Decorating your own cupcakes can be so much fun. All you need to do is to be creative.
Here are few ideas for decorating cupcakes to help you out.
Candy Clay Flowers:
You will need candy clay, flower cutter, and icing pen to make these flowers. Prepare candy […]
- Unique Cupcake Decorations Today, cupcakes are becoming more popular and are thought as a great way to celebrate kids’ parties. However, when it comes to a special occasion, there are a number of ways in which you can present and decorate cupcakes. A few of the favorite ones are as follows:
For themed cupcakes, you can use fondant to ice them as characters such as the Batman, Cookie Monster, […]
- Delicious Christmas Cookies Recipes Making special cookies for Christmas is a great way to show your love for your family and friends. They can also be taken to the office to share during the coffee break.
Here are 2 all time favorites you can try at home in these holidays.
Lemon Drop Cookies
To make lemon drop cookies, you will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (Buy it from your local […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- How to Make Baked BBQ Chicken BBQ recipes are the all time favorite dishes for many people. There are a number of ways in which BBQ dishes can be made. Some are very easy while others are quite difficult. One of the best ways to preserve flavors and moisture of the BBQ chicken is to bake it. It is also one of the easiest ways to get ready a fast meal.
A nicely and perfectly baked BBQ chicken has the quality that […]