A well decorated cake gets more attention than a simple cake. Decorating a cake is an art and can be mastered with a little practice.
Here are some tips that will help you in decorating a cake.
1). When greasing and flouring the cakes, use butter as a greasing material. But remember that butter which contains water starts melting during the baking process. As a result, the cake becomes moist and soggy from the bottom.
2). Excess amount of water or oil in the baking mixture is one of the main reasons that the cake is not rising. Use appropriate amount of water or oil, select the right pans, and ensure that the temperature is not too low.
3). After taking cake out of the oven, ensure to place the cake onto the wire racks for about 15 minutes so that it cools off entirely.
4). Ensure that the cake is fully cooled before using any frosting.
5). When filling the layers, the icing ring should be a half inch from the boundary, around the circle. Fill that ring with fruit or custard.
6). The right pressure and the grip of the decorating bag are necessary for the size and the uniformity of the icing. Applying right pressure ensures the right amount of icing flow through the tip.
7). Putting a top and bottom border on the cake will complete its decoration.
8). Use glycerin if the food color becomes somewhat paler. Usually, the cake loses its color if expose to sunlight.
9). The cake can be stored up to three months with a good quality aluminum foil, but it should be defrosted before decorating.
10). Use cane sugar in icing as it has more ability to hold the colors for longer period of time than the beet sugar.
11). Powdered food colors can also be used to decorate the cakes as they can retain the colors for a longer time.
12). Add some cream if the frosting is thin; and add melted chocolate or butter if the frosting is too thin.
Use these tips, follow the basic instructions, and apply your own creativity to make yummy, beautiful, and attractive cakes.
More from my site
- Easy Tips for Cake Decorations While it is important to bake a cake that tastes delicious, it is also important that the appearance of the cake looks beautiful and attractive. Decorating cake beautifully does not need you to be a professional.
Following are a few tips that will surely help you in decorating your cake, making the whole process easier, and ending up with a beautiful cake.
1. When you bake the cake, […]
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- Ideas For Decorating Cupcakes Cupcake decorations are one of the most versatile desserts. They are not only easy to bake but also very easy to decorate. Decorating your own cupcakes can be so much fun. All you need to do is to be creative.
Here are few ideas for decorating cupcakes to help you out.
Candy Clay Flowers:
You will need candy clay, flower cutter, and icing pen to make these flowers. Prepare candy […]
- Cake Decorating Ideas It is very important to have appetizingly beautiful cake decorations if you think that having a home-baked cake is a thoughtful gesture on special occasions. Following are some easy cake decorating ideas that will help you in decorating your cake with the finesse of professional bakers.
Themes for cake decoration:
1). Floral theme:
Floral theme is not only the classic cake […]
- Cupcake Decorating Ideas There are a number of simple techniques that can be used to decorate cakes and make them appealing. You can easily make the simple cupcakes tempting with some decorating techniques. All you need are few cake decorating tools, chocolate (Candy Melt), edible colors, and icing pen.
Here are some of the fascinating cupcake decorating ideas.
This is the simplest and easiest […]
- Ideas for Decorating Birthday Chocolate Cake If you are tired of giving your kids that simple and plain old chocolate cake, you can try something new. Consider some new ideas for decorating birthday chocolate cake. It would help look like something new as well as it would make the process of baking something to long for.
Therefore, next time when you shop from the supermarket and you get your traditional ingredients for your […]
- Kitchen Decoration and Design Styles Planning your kitchen needs some design inspirations. Selecting a style can help in making many of your selections as you would know that what suites in that specific design style. Stuff like architectural details, color, and décor can be found in details for each design style.
Here are some design styles and some of their features that you may consider in planning your […]
- Cake Table Décor Ideas One of the most decorative food elements at your reception and in several occasions and events is the cake that is, sometimes, also the welcoming focal point when guests arrive.
Cakes come in different shapes, designs, and sizes. If made properly, they are not only tasty and delicious but also can be beautiful and appealing.
However, apart from cake decorations, it is equally […]
- Unique Cupcake Decorations Today, cupcakes are becoming more popular and are thought as a great way to celebrate kids’ parties. However, when it comes to a special occasion, there are a number of ways in which you can present and decorate cupcakes. A few of the favorite ones are as follows:
For themed cupcakes, you can use fondant to ice them as characters such as the Batman, Cookie Monster, […]
- Delicious Christmas Cookies Recipes Making special cookies for Christmas is a great way to show your love for your family and friends. They can also be taken to the office to share during the coffee break.
Here are 2 all time favorites you can try at home in these holidays.
Lemon Drop Cookies
To make lemon drop cookies, you will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (Buy it from your local […]