Wedding is not only a time to rejoice for the couple but also for the entire family and friends. A number of little details need to be dealt with, among which the wedding reception table decoration is the most important one. This is because guests mostly spend their time in the reception area. Therefore, it is essential to decorate the wedding reception accessories such as wedding reception tables, wedding reception centerpiece, wedding reception cakes, and wedding reception menu.
It is important that wedding reception table decoration should complement the entire wedding theme. Here are some of ideas of table decorations for wedding reception.
Table cloth covers:
The classic color of wedding table cloth is white. In order to make your table covers more colorful, you can also use colored cloths that best complement the dominating colors of the reception. One idea is to add colorful doilies, runners, overlays, and so on to your table cloth. Use napkins of contrasting colors.
Table shape and arrangement:
Your table decoration depends a lot on the shape of the table. The round and oval shaped tables give a more stylish and graceful look. Arrange tables in a cluster in order to provide more chance to the people to mingle with each other so that a conversation can be encouraged.
You can use candles as centerpiece accents. Different shapes and colors of candles are made specifically for wedding receptions that are used to decorate and light up the tables. A number of choices are available in floating candles and candles on stand. Use mirrors at the base of the candles to reflect more light. You can even use rope lights along the table edges to decorate the table.
The most traditional way of wedding reception table décor is the use of floral wedding centerpieces. You can use many floral centerpieces to decorate the table if you are using a rectangular table. However, place a single centerpiece at the center on a round or oval table. You can also use votive to surround the centerpieces to make them even more attractive.
Fruit bowls and fish bowls:
One distinctive way of decorating the wedding reception table is to use fruit bowls. Fill the bowls with fruits that are cut in different shapes. You can even use goldfishes for decorating the table. Create a beach look by spreading sea shells and star fish shaped decorations on the table.
Picture frames and cookie baskets:
Instead of using floral centerpieces, decorate the wedding tables with picture frames, containing pictures of the groom and bride. You can also set to look like a journey down the memory lane. Moreover, you can even use candy baskets or cookie baskets to decorate as centerpieces.
Use china, cutlery, and glasses in order to create a stunning table decoration. Arrange tables in an elegant way by placing the cutlery and silverware. In addition, use ornately folded napkins and match the colors with the china, tablecloth and the centerpieces. Decorate the chairs with ribbons and covers that best complement the table covers.
Apart from these decoration ideas, you can use anything that is unique and distinctive. For this, you need to be very creative and imaginative.
More from my site
- Original Wedding Reception Ideas Despite having a traditional, predictable wedding, try to come up with different wedding reception that can make your wedding day even more special. It is a fact that planning a wedding is very hectic, therefore, avoid being too hard on yourself. Do not select a reception idea that is completely idealistic and unattainable as this will only make you stressed out, broke, and […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- Tips for Party Decoration A well decorated party is more enjoyable and memorable. Selecting a theme for the party is the basic thing. Location, color choices, or the food all provide themselves to the theme. Once the theme is selected, the rest of the decoration becomes quite easy.
Lighting and streamers play the major role in making the festive atmosphere of the party.
Select the lighting […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Tea Party Decoration Ideas One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to […]
- Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas Nowadays, centerpieces have become much more than appealing shower decorations. They not only serve as the major guest gift but also one of the main things that your guests will think about when judging your shower.
Following are a few ideas you may consider to make a unique and attractive centerpiece.
Spa gift basket:
Select a range of soaps, lotions, sponges, and candles and place […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Tips For Decorating Small Rooms Decorating a small space is a unique challenge that needs to be very innovative. Small homes have a number of advantages. They need fewer furnishings and accessories, can inspire you to de-clutter, and also, if you decorate consciously and creatively, small spaces can be cozy and inviting.
Consider the following tips for each area of your home to help you in maximizing your […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]