Wedding ceremony is the most special part of the wedding. It not only reflects the couple and their personality, but also gives a preview of how the reception will look like. While decorating wedding ceremony, it is important to keep things simple and within the theme of the wedding. This will help in focusing on the event itself, and to the bride and groom.
Following are a few tips for decorating wedding ceremony that you can use indoor as well as outdoor wedding ceremonies.
1) One way of making the wedding ceremony extra special is to add flowers. Take delicate and sheer ribbon to tie the bouquets of flowers around the pillars of church. Flowers can also be placed by the entrance, all along the walkway in the church, and can even be hung in different deliberately selected areas of the ceiling. Pillars by the altar can be decorated by wrapping them with lace and tulle, and giving some touches of flowers.
White flowers are best choice for wedding ceremony decorations as they add to the purity of the entire occasion. Add this delicate color as the dominating theme with greens to enhance it, or you can use the two or three colors of your wedding theme. Harmony in the whole ceremony decorations can easily be created by using only those colors for venue decoration that is used in the bouquets.
2) Give a romantic atmosphere to the ceremony by using soft lighting. Use Christmas lights to light the aisle, and to cover the wire, use colorful metallic ribbons. You can also use lights for a contrast, or in complementing colors with rest of your ceremony theme.
A great way to add lighting to the wedding ceremony is to use large candles. It is best to use big candles in the large church.
During the wedding reception, always keep the torches at a minimum and place them by the entrances and exits. Use of altar torches is an excellent idea to light up the ceremony.
For an outdoor venue, hang lights on strings or thin ribbons to make the ceremony more romantic. Use Christmas lights to light up dining areas, dancing areas, and along the buffet tables.
3) To enhance the mood in the church, use colorful ribbons and lace in different colors. You can opt for ivory, gold, or silver to drape around walls, pillars, and flowers. Also, add more contrasting colors, such as magenta, deep purple, red, dark blue, and forest green in small quantities. You can add these contrasting colors by using two strips of ribbon together, with the gold one being the main and thick ribbon, while a thinner colored one is affixed with it. Use them around chairs, behind pews, and also to tie flowers onto the walkway.
Besides these tips, always keep wedding ceremony decorations simple and use things that reflect your personality and style, so that you can make your special day even more special and memorable.
More from my site
- Ideas for Wedding Decoration Wedding needs a lot of planning in order to make it a memorably beautiful and appealing. Therefore, it is important to give extreme priority to the great wedding decoration ideas while planning for a wedding.
It is quite natural that the bride and groom feel so excited about their wedding that they hire a wedding planner, who takes the entire responsibility of wedding decorations that […]
- Original Wedding Reception Ideas Despite having a traditional, predictable wedding, try to come up with different wedding reception that can make your wedding day even more special. It is a fact that planning a wedding is very hectic, therefore, avoid being too hard on yourself. Do not select a reception idea that is completely idealistic and unattainable as this will only make you stressed out, broke, and […]
- Ideas for Wedding Favors Wedding favors are some kind of small memento, offered by the newly married couple as a note of appreciation to family and friends. There are a large variety of wedding favors; however, some are considered better choices than others.
It should be kept in mind that wedding favors do not necessarily have to be costly. You can make this type of gift at home. The homemade wedding favors […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- Popular Wedding Hairstyles Wedding is a great event for any couple. However, it is especially important for the women as it is a good reason to look beautiful and attractive, and a woman’s beauty would be incomplete without a great hairstyle.
The type of hairstyle you choose for your wedding can make or break your entire desired look. A number of things should be considered when selecting a hairstyle including […]
- Wedding Reception Decorating Ideas Although making a wedding plan is a huge task, however you can make it fun and enjoyable by using your creativity and imagination. Buying a right wedding dress, gifts for the wedding party, planning to select the theme for the wedding, decorating the wedding hall, and selecting the wedding reception décor are all different parts of the excitement of getting married.
A number of brides […]
- Inexpensive Wedding Centerpieces One of the greatest decorating challenges is to find inexpensive wedding centerpieces. Wedding decorations budget can expand too far before even considering other important wedding details like wedding cake. Having beautiful and appealing wedding centerpieces on budget can be a tricky task as the whole wedding decorations can look incomplete and boring without having attractive wedding […]
- Unique Wedding Table Centerpieces One of the important parts of wedding planning is to decorate the tables for your wedding reception, which includes arranging beautiful table linens, dining sets, glasses, cutlery, and flower centerpieces. However, if you do not want to use flowers as a centerpiece for your wedding, you can use other kinds of items to make a great wedding table décor.
If you want unique wedding table […]
- Wedding Reception Table Decoration Ideas Wedding is not only a time to rejoice for the couple but also for the entire family and friends. A number of little details need to be dealt with, among which the wedding reception table decoration is the most important one. This is because guests mostly spend their time in the reception area. Therefore, it is essential to decorate the wedding reception accessories such as wedding […]
- Tips for Party Decoration A well decorated party is more enjoyable and memorable. Selecting a theme for the party is the basic thing. Location, color choices, or the food all provide themselves to the theme. Once the theme is selected, the rest of the decoration becomes quite easy.
Lighting and streamers play the major role in making the festive atmosphere of the party.
Select the lighting […]