A well decorated party is more enjoyable and memorable. Selecting a theme for the party is the basic thing. Location, color choices, or the food all provide themselves to the theme. Once the theme is selected, the rest of the decoration becomes quite easy.
Lighting and streamers play the major role in making the festive atmosphere of the party.
Select the lighting that not only fits the purpose of the party but also the type of event. There are different lighting ideas for a casual as well as an elegant event. For a casual birthday party or a karaoke night with friends, paper lanterns in bright, multi colors or intricate designs are the best. On the other hand, use white or single color lanterns for an elegant wedding reception.
Paper streamers are the essential decorative item of kids’ birthday décor. Instead of hanging the streamers in a willy-nilly style, hang them in a pattern. Start each streamer in the center of the room and drape them to different points around the edge to give it a more finished look. For more sophisticated events, such as parties for adults, use bunting or flower garlands.
The color of the streamers and bunting is also an important consideration. You can use multicolor streamers for casual parties, and for events such as formal garden parties, use only one or two shades on bunting. To give an adult touch to the traditional streamer, drape the swaths of fabric along the ceiling or woven into outdoor arches or pergolas.
The table is the main focus of many parties. For a birthday party, the birthday cake is often the centerpiece. However, other events need more exhaustive centerpieces.
Use candles or flowers, or both in simple arrangements instead of using overly busy or large centerpieces. Arrangements should be decorated either above or below eye level so that they do not hinder cross-table conversation.
When using candles in the party where kids are present, ensure they can not burn themselves with a candle flame, and also avoid using small objects on the table such as scattered glass stones.
Select linens that not only protect the table but also add beauty to the décor. Using a simple white cloth presents a neutral background to the rest of the decorations. For kids’ parties, it is best to use bare tables with placemats or festive vinyl tablecloths. You can use elegant table runners or heavy embroidered cloths for evening soirées.
The mood of the entire table is set by the linens. A checked cloth is ideal for a picnic themed party outdoors, and a lace edged cloth is best for a tea-party in the garden.
The focal point draws the attention towards itself as soon as the guests enter the space. Select one focal point for the room to get them thrilled for the party to come. It is not necessary to have a focal point in the space itself. You can also create your focal point by framing entrances in deluxe curtains or framing windows with large garlands.
For a kid’s princess or knight party, you can create an exciting focal point by using a large cardboard castle in one corner of the party area. For a wedding or other formal events, use ice sculptures to add an elegant touch.
Other unique focal points are bales of hay at a western party or large urns of tall flowers or potted trees near a speaker’s lectern.
You can also use your own imagination to create unique and beautiful focal points according to the theme of your parties.
More from my site
- Party Decoration Ideas Today, a number of people have busy lives, and they do not have enough time to decorate their special events to the extent that they would like to. If you are facing the same problem, and you have a special event coming up, then this article will provide you some useful and easy party decoration tips and ideas.
There are lots of decorations that look beautiful and appealing, but they […]
- Tea Party Decoration Ideas One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to […]
- Wedding Reception Table Decoration Ideas Wedding is not only a time to rejoice for the couple but also for the entire family and friends. A number of little details need to be dealt with, among which the wedding reception table decoration is the most important one. This is because guests mostly spend their time in the reception area. Therefore, it is essential to decorate the wedding reception accessories such as wedding […]
- Christmas Tree Decoration Tips Christmas tree is a vital part of the Christmas celebrations. It generally serves as a focal point of every Christmas party. However, it is important that the tree should be well decorated and well lit. It should not only be decorated beautifully, but also it is important to keep it fresh.
Here are some useful tips to help you in setting up, lighting, keeping, and decorating the […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Cheap Christmas Decorations Although many people consider the Christmas trees as the holiday centerpiece of the living room, however the living room cannot be made vibrant and full of the celebratory Christmas spirit with a Christmas tree that is not attractively adorned with Christmas decorations.
Among the Christmas decorations of a Christmas tree, Christmas bells and balls are at the top. The most popular […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- Halloween Party Decoration Ideas Halloween is considered as a special day for a grand celebration. Apart from the Halloween costumes, the Halloween decorations are also the most exciting part of it. This article will provide you a number of Halloween party decoration ideas that will help in making your house haunted.
In order to arrange a enjoyable Halloween party, you need to create the atmosphere that is not only […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.