One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to be a garden tea party. Once the venue is decided, consider the available space so that you can decorate it accordingly.
Here are some decoration ideas for a perfect tea party.
Keep it simple:
While decorating the space for a tea party, keep in mind that it is a ‘tea party’, not a birthday party. Therefore, avoid decorating it much loudly and keep it simple. Try to create a soft and calm atmosphere, rather than a jazzy one. Instead of decorating the entire room, consider working mostly on the table and area around it. Begin it with party theme that is certainly to add amusement to the party and also will present a distinct look to the whole decorations. You can select any color theme or fun theme that you think will be the best for your party. For instance, Minnie Mouse theme, Daisy Duck theme, and Alice in wonderland theme are best for the kids’ tea party. Adding all those elements, such as matched teacups and saucers to the table will make it perfect for the princess tea party. You can also use a mix of different colors to decorate kids’ tea party. Another good tea party idea is to select a dual colored theme.
Add necessary elements:
Each element that is added to the party should be selected to match the theme. Moreover, the things used in decorating the party must coordinate well with each other. For example, the tablecloth, napkins, table mat, tableware, all should complement one another.
Start with choosing a decorative tablecloth. Ensure to use teacups and teapot that best match with the selected theme. One idea is to add some elegant cutlery such as silverware to decorate the table. Consider trying different napkin folding techniques and add beautiful napkin rings to make them look attractive. One of the napkin ring ideas is to use a thick decorative thread and string a tea bag in each. In addition, arrange plates and other necessary tableware required to serve tea party recipes and add beautiful flower petals around it.
Finish with decorative elements:
Give a finishing touch to the table decorations by adding a table centerpiece. Moreover, you can use large, bold, and colorful alphabets stuck on the wall, saying ‘TEA PARTY’. Also, you can add thermocol teacups and teapots around this banner to decorate it.
You can place the scented, floating candles, in attractive colors matching with the theme, on the table or on shelves in the party area. Also, add fresh flowers and classic looking wicker baskets to the table decorations.
Use light colored curtains or semi-transparent curtains to give a lovely look to the party area. Place the extra teacups and teapot sets on the side tables and ensure that you arrange them nicely in a tea tray.
More from my site
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Wedding Hall Decoration Ideas Deciding and finalizing the wedding hall decorations is one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning. Decorating a wedding hall perfectly requires a little ingenuity. A number of brides and some bridegrooms want their weddings to be distinctive as well as original that set them apart from the rest. Although it is quite a difficult task, it can be made achievable with a bit of […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorative Indoor House Plants Decorating your home interior with indoor house plants will help in livening things up a bit. A number of choices are available to select from, some of which grow well than others, depending on the type of environment they are placed in. For instance, whether the plants are placed in an area near window where they can get a lot of bright sunlight or in a darker part of the house will […]
- Unique Hair Accessories for Women A variety of hair accessories for women is available in the market. Different types of accessories give different look to a hairstyle. Some of the hair accessories are very simple to choose, while others are quite difficult to select the best hair accessory.
Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the best use of different hair accessories for different […]
- Uses of Marble Tiles in Home Decorations When it comes to home decoration, use of tiles is becoming popular day by day. It seems as if a number of house owners appreciate the beauty of tiles now more than ever. Tiles are many and different in color, texture, and shape.
Marble tiles are good example of home decoration material as their beauty and grace never cease to entice the eyes. Like several other transformed lime stone […]
- Office Reception Decorating Ideas An office reception plays a very important role in any office as this is a place where the customers and the clients come in at first. It makes the very first impression with them. The way the office reception is decorated and managed can even influence major decisions of business such as whether you would be able to get the contract or not with the new client.
There is no doubt that […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.