One of the primary elements of planning the best tea party is how to decorate it and make it lovely event. After deciding the date for the party and sending the special tea party invitations to your family and friends, it’s time to begin planning for the decorations. The first and foremost thing is to decide the venue, whether the party is going to be inside the house or is it going to be a garden tea party. Once the venue is decided, consider the available space so that you can decorate it accordingly.
Here are some decoration ideas for a perfect tea party.
Keep it simple:
While decorating the space for a tea party, keep in mind that it is a ‘tea party’, not a birthday party. Therefore, avoid decorating it much loudly and keep it simple. Try to create a soft and calm atmosphere, rather than a jazzy one. Instead of decorating the entire room, consider working mostly on the table and area around it. Begin it with party theme that is certainly to add amusement to the party and also will present a distinct look to the whole decorations. You can select any color theme or fun theme that you think will be the best for your party. For instance, Minnie Mouse theme, Daisy Duck theme, and Alice in wonderland theme are best for the kids’ tea party. Adding all those elements, such as matched teacups and saucers to the table will make it perfect for the princess tea party. You can also use a mix of different colors to decorate kids’ tea party. Another good tea party idea is to select a dual colored theme.
Add necessary elements:
Each element that is added to the party should be selected to match the theme. Moreover, the things used in decorating the party must coordinate well with each other. For example, the tablecloth, napkins, table mat, tableware, all should complement one another.
Start with choosing a decorative tablecloth. Ensure to use teacups and teapot that best match with the selected theme. One idea is to add some elegant cutlery such as silverware to decorate the table. Consider trying different napkin folding techniques and add beautiful napkin rings to make them look attractive. One of the napkin ring ideas is to use a thick decorative thread and string a tea bag in each. In addition, arrange plates and other necessary tableware required to serve tea party recipes and add beautiful flower petals around it.
Finish with decorative elements:
Give a finishing touch to the table decorations by adding a table centerpiece. Moreover, you can use large, bold, and colorful alphabets stuck on the wall, saying ‘TEA PARTY’. Also, you can add thermocol teacups and teapots around this banner to decorate it.
You can place the scented, floating candles, in attractive colors matching with the theme, on the table or on shelves in the party area. Also, add fresh flowers and classic looking wicker baskets to the table decorations.
Use light colored curtains or semi-transparent curtains to give a lovely look to the party area. Place the extra teacups and teapot sets on the side tables and ensure that you arrange them nicely in a tea tray.
More from my site
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Tips for Party Decoration A well decorated party is more enjoyable and memorable. Selecting a theme for the party is the basic thing. Location, color choices, or the food all provide themselves to the theme. Once the theme is selected, the rest of the decoration becomes quite easy.
Lighting and streamers play the major role in making the festive atmosphere of the party.
Select the lighting […]
- Halloween Party Decoration Ideas Halloween is considered as a special day for a grand celebration. Apart from the Halloween costumes, the Halloween decorations are also the most exciting part of it. This article will provide you a number of Halloween party decoration ideas that will help in making your house haunted.
In order to arrange a enjoyable Halloween party, you need to create the atmosphere that is not only […]
- Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas Nowadays, centerpieces have become much more than appealing shower decorations. They not only serve as the major guest gift but also one of the main things that your guests will think about when judging your shower.
Following are a few ideas you may consider to make a unique and attractive centerpiece.
Spa gift basket:
Select a range of soaps, lotions, sponges, and candles and place […]
- Basement Decorating Tips
A finished basement can be a perfect place for an individual and family to relax or host guests. There are many people who are often looking for distinctive and practical decorating ideas for their finished basements. Various design elements like carpet or rugs, lighting, and bright colors can be used to decorate a basement in order to create a stylish and functional space. A well […]
- Ideas for Decorating Basements with Low Ceilings The height of the ceiling plays a major part in deciding how to decorate your basement, especially if your basement has exceptionally low ceilings. Decorating basements with low ceilings can be a tricky task because mishandling the whole decoration will end up the basement feeling like a cave. However, there are a number of things you can do to open up your basement space that are […]
- Wedding Reception Table Decoration Ideas Wedding is not only a time to rejoice for the couple but also for the entire family and friends. A number of little details need to be dealt with, among which the wedding reception table decoration is the most important one. This is because guests mostly spend their time in the reception area. Therefore, it is essential to decorate the wedding reception accessories such as wedding […]
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]