Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
Here are some Halloween decorating tips and ideas:
Take a piece of cheesecloth (also known as butter muslin) that is 2 yards long and 1 yard wide, and places it over a white, helium-filled balloon and gather the bottom of the cheesecloth around the balloon end. Using a black laundry marker, draw a ghoulish face on the cheesecloth and hang the balloon from a tree with string.
The craft of rotting clothes takes a few months to prepare. Use some old, pre-stained or pre-torn clothes and moisten them with water using a spray bottle so that moisture can fall evenly onto the clothes. Another option is to soak the clothes in a bucket and wring them until they are moist. Now bury the clothes in your yard for 2 to 3 months and mark the spot with a stick. Dig up the clothes and wash them. Give the clothes a grungier look by using bleach in the wash. After washing, they are ready to dress a mannequin or to wear for a zombie walk.
An interesting décor can be created by placing a few small items into clean, clear jars. Purchase expanding sponge creatures, expandable snakes, and small plastic skeletons and place them into the jars. Add finely milled coffee grounds to the water to give it a dirty and antique look. After that, you can label the jars with exotic names in fake Latin to create interest.
Brains and hearts molds:
Use brain or heart gelatin molds to create creepy centerpieces. Adding gummy worms to the gelatin mix will give wiggles to the spooky decoration.
Use an artist’s sketch book with blank pages to craft a book of spells. Spooky trinkets such as miniature skulls or spiders can be hot glued onto the cover. Spray black, ultra flat matte spray paint over the book cover and add silver as an enunciation. Sepia acrylic paint can also be used to antique the front cover. This craft can work as a blank guestbook. Or, you can go a step further and transcribe “magic spells” in calligraphy on the pages after you antique them. Once the ink is set, dip the book into a pail of strong black tea. Place chopsticks or other flat sticks in between each page so that the paper does not stick together and let the book to dry. The tea drapes the pages and leaves a brown weathered look to the paper once dry.
More from my site
- Homemade Halloween Decorations The best thing about Halloween decoration is that it allows you to be as creative as you want. All types of Halloween decorations can be seen on the Halloween occasion.
A number of people opt for crafting their own decorations and costumes in order to celebrate the occasion in a unique and attractive way.
It is a great feeling to have a unique and distinctive Halloween decorations […]
- Home Decorating Tips A number of things need to be taken into consideration while decorating your home. The process of decorating the interior of your home can be an overwhelming process. Besides costs, furniture, decoration pieces, it is also important to select appropriate color schemes, decorating themes and styles, and have a proper plan for where to place all the things.
Home decoration ideas can […]
- Tips for Home Decoration Although the brand new decorative items, including furniture, is quite expensive to buy, however any home can be decorated stylishly and beautifully by using some creativity and for a much lower price. Here are some useful tips that may help you in decorating your home.
Start with the walls:
There is no doubt that a fresh new color of paint on your walls gives any room a whole new […]
- Quick and Easy Party Foods A lot of planning is required to host a successful and enjoyable party. Food plays a major role in any party planning. Create stylish and elegant personalized party invitations to set the tone of the party.
After that, you can plan for your party, which includes combining good music with some tasty and simple food. Having such party will surely make your guests pleased, and they will […]
- Easy Tips for Cake Decorations While it is important to bake a cake that tastes delicious, it is also important that the appearance of the cake looks beautiful and attractive. Decorating cake beautifully does not need you to be a professional.
Following are a few tips that will surely help you in decorating your cake, making the whole process easier, and ending up with a beautiful cake.
1. When you bake the cake, […]
- Cheap Baby Shower Decorations When decorating baby shower party, you most likely to use colors and decorations that create a warm, nurturing environment, without spending too much money. There are a number of cheap baby shower decorative items that you can use to decorate your baby shower party. These decorative items are as follows:
Confetti and streamers:
You can either buy confetti pack from most convenience […]
- Dining Room Table Decorations Dining room table decoration is not as difficult as you may think it is. A number of people spend lots of money just to decorate the dining table, and make it attractive. However, decorating the dining table beautifully does not need plenty of money.
You can easily decorate your dining table on a budget. All you need is to be creative and use things that you already have.
- Unique Office Decorations An office, whether it is home office or work office, not only serves as a place to do a business or side business but also provides a place for filing and doing office tasks and assignments. However, decorating a small office properly and giving it the right look can be a challenge.
A number of ways can be used to implement office supplies into the office decoration. This office décor […]
- Party Decoration Ideas Today, a number of people have busy lives, and they do not have enough time to decorate their special events to the extent that they would like to. If you are facing the same problem, and you have a special event coming up, then this article will provide you some useful and easy party decoration tips and ideas.
There are lots of decorations that look beautiful and appealing, but they […]
- Reunion Decoration Tips Reunion party is a great way to spend time with family and friends. It not only gives a chance to enjoy together but also provides an opportunity to meet those people who are no longer in contact with one another for a long time. Therefore, it is very important to add charm to the reunion party. This must be done according to the theme of the party. Reunion party can be arranged for at […]