Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
Here are some Halloween decorating tips and ideas:
Take a piece of cheesecloth (also known as butter muslin) that is 2 yards long and 1 yard wide, and places it over a white, helium-filled balloon and gather the bottom of the cheesecloth around the balloon end. Using a black laundry marker, draw a ghoulish face on the cheesecloth and hang the balloon from a tree with string.
The craft of rotting clothes takes a few months to prepare. Use some old, pre-stained or pre-torn clothes and moisten them with water using a spray bottle so that moisture can fall evenly onto the clothes. Another option is to soak the clothes in a bucket and wring them until they are moist. Now bury the clothes in your yard for 2 to 3 months and mark the spot with a stick. Dig up the clothes and wash them. Give the clothes a grungier look by using bleach in the wash. After washing, they are ready to dress a mannequin or to wear for a zombie walk.
An interesting décor can be created by placing a few small items into clean, clear jars. Purchase expanding sponge creatures, expandable snakes, and small plastic skeletons and place them into the jars. Add finely milled coffee grounds to the water to give it a dirty and antique look. After that, you can label the jars with exotic names in fake Latin to create interest.
Brains and hearts molds:
Use brain or heart gelatin molds to create creepy centerpieces. Adding gummy worms to the gelatin mix will give wiggles to the spooky decoration.
Use an artist’s sketch book with blank pages to craft a book of spells. Spooky trinkets such as miniature skulls or spiders can be hot glued onto the cover. Spray black, ultra flat matte spray paint over the book cover and add silver as an enunciation. Sepia acrylic paint can also be used to antique the front cover. This craft can work as a blank guestbook. Or, you can go a step further and transcribe “magic spells” in calligraphy on the pages after you antique them. Once the ink is set, dip the book into a pail of strong black tea. Place chopsticks or other flat sticks in between each page so that the paper does not stick together and let the book to dry. The tea drapes the pages and leaves a brown weathered look to the paper once dry.
More from my site
- Creative Halloween Decorating Ideas Halloween is an ideal time of year to as creative as you want to be. Normally Halloween decorations include pumpkins, witches, and skeletons. However this holiday, you can open up the door for so much more. You just need to put a little time into it, and you will come up with some very creative decorations that will surely surprise your friends.
Here are a few creative Halloween […]
- Family Reunion Decoration Ideas Family reunions are a magnificent time to reconnect with family members. It is a great idea to set the theme of your reunion with your family reunion invitations. However, it is also equally important to plan the decorations for the family reunion according to the mood and theme of the event. A few of the great ideas for family reunion decorations are as follows:
Family reunion wall […]
- Halloween Party Decoration Ideas Halloween is considered as a special day for a grand celebration. Apart from the Halloween costumes, the Halloween decorations are also the most exciting part of it. This article will provide you a number of Halloween party decoration ideas that will help in making your house haunted.
In order to arrange a enjoyable Halloween party, you need to create the atmosphere that is not only […]
- Christmas Tree Decoration Tips Christmas tree is a vital part of the Christmas celebrations. It generally serves as a focal point of every Christmas party. However, it is important that the tree should be well decorated and well lit. It should not only be decorated beautifully, but also it is important to keep it fresh.
Here are some useful tips to help you in setting up, lighting, keeping, and decorating the […]
- Wedding Reception Table Decoration Ideas Wedding is not only a time to rejoice for the couple but also for the entire family and friends. A number of little details need to be dealt with, among which the wedding reception table decoration is the most important one. This is because guests mostly spend their time in the reception area. Therefore, it is essential to decorate the wedding reception accessories such as wedding […]
- Salad Decorating Ideas Salad is one of the highly nutritious dishes that can be part of meal or can be a complete meal in itself. As health awareness is growing fast, salads are becoming an essential part of any type of diet. Many different types of salads with varying base can be used. There are a number of restaurants that have entire salad bars, offering a variety of salads. Salads might be a combination […]
- Cheap Christmas Decorations Although many people consider the Christmas trees as the holiday centerpiece of the living room, however the living room cannot be made vibrant and full of the celebratory Christmas spirit with a Christmas tree that is not attractively adorned with Christmas decorations.
Among the Christmas decorations of a Christmas tree, Christmas bells and balls are at the top. The most popular […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- How To Make Decorative Sunflower Jar Sunflowers are best for any kind of decoration as they look great both outdoors and indoors. Apart from using real sunflowers as decoration, silk sunflowers and sunflower designed decorative items are also used for interior decoration. Sunflower designed jar is among one of them.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make decorative sunflower jar. You can use this lovely […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]