Making special cookies for Christmas is a great way to show your love for your family and friends. They can also be taken to the office to share during the coffee break.
Here are 2 all time favorites you can try at home in these holidays.
Lemon Drop Cookies
To make lemon drop cookies, you will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (Buy it from your local spice shop, or make it your own)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tablespoon half and half
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
4 ounces (1/2 cup) crushed lemon drops
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
First, you need to cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Now beat in the egg, lemon peel, and half and half. Mix the flour, lemon drops, baking powder and salt, and slowly add it to the cream mixture, and mix it well. Take greased baking sheets, and drop the mixture onto the sheets by using rounded teaspoonfuls. Bake them at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown lightly. Take them out of the oven, and allow them to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before placing on wire racks to complete the cooling process. You can also add a small candied lemon slice on top of each cooies.
To make haystacks, you will need:
2.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2.5 cups butterscotch chips
1- 12 oz. container of chopped nuts. (Pecan or peanuts work great)
8- oz. of chow mein noodles
First, you need to melt butterscotch and chocolate chips. For this, bring the water to a boil. After that, stop the boil and work with the hot water. Put butterscotch and chocolate chips in the top half of a double boiler over the hot water. Ensure that the water does not get into the melting chips. Next, first stir in the nuts and then the noodles. Take a spoon and use it to drop spoonfuls onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Allow them to cool, and store covered in the refrigerator.
More from my site
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Quick and Easy Party Foods A lot of planning is required to host a successful and enjoyable party. Food plays a major role in any party planning. Create stylish and elegant personalized party invitations to set the tone of the party.
After that, you can plan for your party, which includes combining good music with some tasty and simple food. Having such party will surely make your guests pleased, and they will […]
- Food Garnishing Ideas Food garnishing is an art of decorating food or drinks that is essential in order to make them visually appealing, presentable, and appetizing, particularly at parties and special events. Garnishing the food is not a difficult task. You just need to use simple edible ingredients like vegetables, chocolates, and fruits, which best complement the food dish.
Creative food garnishing […]
- Cake Decorating tips for Unique Designs A well decorated cake gets more attention than a simple cake. Decorating a cake is an art and can be mastered with a little practice.
Here are some tips that will help you in decorating a cake.
1). When greasing and flouring the cakes, use butter as a greasing material. But remember that butter which contains water starts melting during the baking process. As a result, the cake […]
- 39 Easy Ways Christmas Decoration Ideas Christmas Eve is the perfect time to express love, hope, and affection to all near and dear ones. Traditionally, Christmas gifts and decorations are an important part of this much awaited yearly celebration. Therefore, it needs proper planning and arduous preparation. All over the world, people creatively and imaginatively decorate their homes to mark the Christmas celebrations and […]
- Cupcake Decorating Ideas There are a number of simple techniques that can be used to decorate cakes and make them appealing. You can easily make the simple cupcakes tempting with some decorating techniques. All you need are few cake decorating tools, chocolate (Candy Melt), edible colors, and icing pen.
Here are some of the fascinating cupcake decorating ideas.
This is the simplest and easiest […]
- Christmas Tree Decoration Tips Christmas tree is a vital part of the Christmas celebrations. It generally serves as a focal point of every Christmas party. However, it is important that the tree should be well decorated and well lit. It should not only be decorated beautifully, but also it is important to keep it fresh.
Here are some useful tips to help you in setting up, lighting, keeping, and decorating the […]
- How to Make Baked BBQ Chicken BBQ recipes are the all time favorite dishes for many people. There are a number of ways in which BBQ dishes can be made. Some are very easy while others are quite difficult. One of the best ways to preserve flavors and moisture of the BBQ chicken is to bake it. It is also one of the easiest ways to get ready a fast meal.
A nicely and perfectly baked BBQ chicken has the quality that […]
- Christmas Decorations Christmas is the most important event of the year. Therefore, it is an obvious desire of every person to celebrate it in a unique and special way. In this article, some unique and attractive tips and ideas are given that you can use in order to make your Christmas celebrations enjoyable and also memorable.
1). Take a small glass bowl or decorative Christmas bowl and fill it with small […]
- Christmas Decorating Tips Christmas is the ideal time of year to create a distinctive and cheerful décor in your home. Here are few unique and creative Christmas decorating tips that you can use to bring the holiday cheer into your home décor.
1). You can tie your throw pillows with holiday ribbon to resemble a gift for Christmas decoration.
2). Throughout the month, hang up a string and clothespin your […]