Christmas tree is a vital part of the Christmas celebrations. It generally serves as a focal point of every Christmas party. However, it is important that the tree should be well decorated and well lit. It should not only be decorated beautifully, but also it is important to keep it fresh.
Here are some useful tips to help you in setting up, lighting, keeping, and decorating the Christmas tree:
Keep the tree fresh and green:
After selecting your perfect Christmas tree, it is essential to cut its trunk with a fresh cut and put it in water immediately. This will allow the tree to absorb several quarts of water from the very beginning. Check and refill the water level many times a day for the first week. Later, cut down on this frequency. Ensure to place the Christmas tree in a large water reservoir stand and always keep it filled.
Christmas tree preservative:
Prolong the life of the Christmas tree by using special preservatives. Mix up a concoction of 1 quarter of water, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon liquid bleach and add it in the water.
Putting lights and decoration on the tree:
When decorating the Christmas tree, first put lights on, then garlands, and in the end decorate the tree with the ornaments.
Work from the inside out:
Begin decorating Christmas tree lights on the branches near the base of the tree. Weave strings of lights along the branches “inside”, and after that move the strings to the outer edges of the branches.
Placement of ornaments:
Avoid hanging all the ornaments on the tips of the branches. To add depth and interest, try to place ornaments and other decorations ‘inside’ tree.
Basic ornaments for fill:
Begin by arranging the “filler ornaments” equally spaced around the tree. These filler ornaments include basic solid color balls that are easily available in a wide range of colors to harmonize and enhance the decorating scheme. Use 20 filler ornaments for every 2 feet of Christmas tree.
Special themed, collectible ornaments:
Mix one type of special ornaments between the basic ornaments. Use at least 10 special themed ornaments for every 2 feet of the Christmas tree. As the collection of ornaments increases, place the special ornaments closer together.
More from my site
- Christmas Tree Decorations
- 39 Easy Ways Christmas Decoration Ideas Christmas Eve is the perfect time to express love, hope, and affection to all near and dear ones. Traditionally, Christmas gifts and decorations are an important part of this much awaited yearly celebration. Therefore, it needs proper planning and arduous preparation. All over the world, people creatively and imaginatively decorate their homes to mark the Christmas celebrations and […]
- Great Home Décor Gift Items for Christmas Christmas is about to come when family and friends get together, celebrate this special occasion, and exchange gifts. Lots of plans are being made for the Christmas celebration and for spending enough time in gift shopping. Although market is flooded with Christmas trees, Santa’s dresses, and a number of different colorful gifts, however if you are looking for perfect gift for your […]
- Cheap Christmas Decorations Although many people consider the Christmas trees as the holiday centerpiece of the living room, however the living room cannot be made vibrant and full of the celebratory Christmas spirit with a Christmas tree that is not attractively adorned with Christmas decorations.
Among the Christmas decorations of a Christmas tree, Christmas bells and balls are at the top. The most popular […]
- Christmas Decorating Tips Christmas is the ideal time of year to create a distinctive and cheerful décor in your home. Here are few unique and creative Christmas decorating tips that you can use to bring the holiday cheer into your home décor.
1). You can tie your throw pillows with holiday ribbon to resemble a gift for Christmas decoration.
2). Throughout the month, hang up a string and clothespin your […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Halloween Party Decoration Ideas Halloween is considered as a special day for a grand celebration. Apart from the Halloween costumes, the Halloween decorations are also the most exciting part of it. This article will provide you a number of Halloween party decoration ideas that will help in making your house haunted.
In order to arrange a enjoyable Halloween party, you need to create the atmosphere that is not only […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Tips for Party Decoration A well decorated party is more enjoyable and memorable. Selecting a theme for the party is the basic thing. Location, color choices, or the food all provide themselves to the theme. Once the theme is selected, the rest of the decoration becomes quite easy.
Lighting and streamers play the major role in making the festive atmosphere of the party.
Select the lighting […]