There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will need the following things:
a). Picture frames
f). Colored stones
g). Silk flowers
j). Hot glue gun
Here are few ways to make your own wall decorations by using the above mentioned things.
1). The first step in making inexpensive wall decorations is to flick through garage sales for used items. Inexpensive framed photographs, posters, and picture frames can be purchased easily. You can also buy mirrors at cheaper rates from garage sales. Consider buying anything you think will look appealing in your home. After getting your items from the garage sale, it’s time to customize them to your personal tastes.
2). You can affix silk flowers to the frame on a photograph or a mirror by using the highest setting on the hot glue gun. Also, consider using colored stones or seashells to give it a unique and attractive look.
3). If you got picture frames that have pictures that you do not like then you can replace them by the one or several of your own favorite photographs. This is a perfect and much cheaper substitute of an expensive custom frame from a specialty art store. Make a collection of your own small photos or you can also enlarge a photo to fill the whole frame.
4). Finally, use the hammer and nails to hang your wall decorations. You can also use a level to ensure that you are hanging your pictures straight.
Making inexpensive wall decorations is quite simple and easy. All you need to use is your own sense of creativity and imagination, and you will be able to make your bare walls decorative and attractive.
More from my site
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Showcasing Your Art Wall art should bring the design components of your room together. A piece of art, no matter how beautiful, would lose its attractiveness if hanged in a wrong place in an improper way. If your art is clustered together or all alone in a desert of wall then you need to learn the different ways of organizing and designing your wall art just like a professional.
Here are a few easy tips […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]
- Decorate Your Living Room with Scarves Using items that you already have used in unique and distinctive ways to add structure and color is one of the most exciting ways to decorate your living rooms. If you have a collection of colorful scarves in your closet, you can use them as unique home decoration as they can add style and color to a tedious living room.
Here are some ways to decorate your living room with the beauty […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Home Office Decorating Ideas Nowadays, a home office has become a necessity in order to pay the household bills and working on things that have been taken home from the office. However, this cannot be the reason for the room to be dull and boring. Following are some home office decorating ideas that will put some liveliness in your home office.
Spice it up with color
Sitting in a white room is quite boring, even […]