Sunflowers are best for any kind of decoration as they look great both outdoors and indoors. Apart from using real sunflowers as decoration, silk sunflowers and sunflower designed decorative items are also used for interior decoration. Sunflower designed jar is among one of them.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make decorative sunflower jar. You can use this lovely sunflower design painted on a jar as a sunny decoration for your kitchen. You can even use it as a candle by putting in a glass or clay pot candle holder to the mouth of the jar.
You will need:
1). Empty glass jar. Wash and dry it properly. Also, remove all labels.
2). White vinegar or rubbing alcohol.
3). Paper towel or soft cloth.
4). Sunflower pattern.
1). Liner, shader and scruffy brush
2). Acrylic matte spray
3). Old toothbrush
5). Micron black craft pen
6). White craft glue
7). Piece of stripe of simple, ordinary material
Acrylic paint colors:
3). Crocus Yellow
4). Autumn Brown
5). Antique Gold
6). Forest Green
7). Dark forest Green
1). Paint the surface of the jar with 1 coat of white, and let it dry for 24 hours.
2). Paint the surface with second and third coat, letting at least 20 minutes dry time in between these two coats. Let the third coat to dry up for a couple of hours.
3). Trace the sunflower pattern onto the surface of the jar. Using Crocus Yellow color, paint all the petals. Outline the petals with Yellow and shade with Antique Gold.
4). Use Antique Gold to paint center of the flower. Apply Autumn Brown over the top of the Antique Gold using a scruffy brush. Using a Stylus, dot Dark Forest Green in the center of the sunflower.
5). Paint the stems using Forest Green color. Then, blend stems into the bottom of the design with the help of scruffy brush and Forest Green.
6). Using black Micron craft pen, draw lines around center of the sunflower.
7). Lightly thinned the toothbrush with a drop or two of water, and dip its bristle tips into black paint. Holding the toothbrush horizontally, drag your finger across the bristles so that the paint splatters spots. Using this method, splatter the entire surface of the jar with black paint. Now, wash the toothbrush and repeat all this with white paint. Allow it to dry.
8). Use white craft glue to dot all around the rim of the jar. Position stripe of the simple, ordinary material around the rim and tie in a knot or bow.
9). Following the directions on Acrylic matte spray can, spray completed jar with 2-3 coats of it.
Placing a small glass votive holder or small clay pot in the mouth of the jar works great. You can place votive candle on holder to lighten up your space.
More from my site
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- How To Make Paper Origami Rose Origami is an ancient Japanese art of paper folding that creates magnificent 3D models with a single paper sheet. In this art, the paper is folded in such a way that it does not need any cutting or pasting. Different kinds of flowers, birds, animals, and many more wonderful patterns and designs can be made using origami.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make an origami […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Black and White Living Room Decor Ideas Painting your room in black and white is an excellent way to send out a message of finesse and power. These two colors are popularly used in contemporary interior designing, and have never gone out of fashion for years. The black and white living room is one of the best choices for any home as the combination of these two always looks new and innovative. Once you have decided on these […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Baby Shower Centerpiece Ideas Nowadays, centerpieces have become much more than appealing shower decorations. They not only serve as the major guest gift but also one of the main things that your guests will think about when judging your shower.
Following are a few ideas you may consider to make a unique and attractive centerpiece.
Spa gift basket:
Select a range of soaps, lotions, sponges, and candles and place […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Outdoor BBQ Decoration Ideas Barbeque season bring lot of fun and enjoyment. Just create exciting BBQ invitation cards to send out to family and friends, and follow these easy BBQ decoration ideas for your patio. These are some of the most marvelous outdoor BBQ decoration ideas that will surely help you in creating a fun and jovial atmosphere at all of your summer gatherings.
1). Jelly and mason jars […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]