Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your house into original artwork, making your house into a home.
Although pictures of family and friends have always been used to personalize a home, however photos are not the only items that can be used to fill a frame. There are a lot of different things that can fill your frames such as ticket stubs from a game played by your favorite sports team, or from a concert in the park. Such items can be framed with a colored background so that they can be more prominent and attractive. This serves not only as a treasured memory but also a pleasant touch when placed on a mantel or bookshelf. You can also add the program from the event in order to fill a larger frame.
One idea is to add a homemade touch of Victorian décor by using your creativity, arranging the buttons, needles, and doilies in an 11 x 16 inches frame. You need to place the doilies in opposite corners and glue the buttons and needles on top. Now add your favorite poem or quote-typed or handwritten to complete a nice-looking accent piece. If you could not recall any good poem, you can take a look through old greeting cards to find the one as it is important to use the perfect verse in the frame to make it a perfect accent piece.
Another idea of using buttons and different items of sewing kit is to decorate the outside of a tissue box or other small container to make stylish bric-a-brac. For this, you need to cover the box with tissue paper or a paper bag and glue buttons, thimbles, ribbons, and sewing needles (the larger, the better) for a perfect look. You can also add creative extras to give it a distinctive and unique look.
If you are still holding onto a last year’s calendar just because it has beautiful pictures in it, you can use them to decorate your walls. Pictures such as scenic views, bountiful gardens, beautiful animals, and colorful birds can be framed to add a nice touch to the home, office, or the guest room.
In addition, consider framing the covers of the old magazines to adorn hallways and kids rooms. There are a number of magazines that have perfect artwork pictures and photographs in them. You just need to follow this home art tip to decorate walls of your home.
Lastly, one tip is to frame or laminate maps from trips to different cities and areas and hang on the den wall. You can also use a map of the lakes, your home town or a favorite destination. Moreover, adding pictures from those trips will perfectly personalize your home wall décor.
The above mentioned tips are just few ones to give you an idea on how to decorate your home. You just need to be creative and to use the objects that best represent the interests of you and your family.
More from my site
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- How to Make Decorative Ceramic Fountain Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your […]